Thread: Printer problem, Missing CD and Custom Firmware

Printer problem, Missing CD and Custom Firmware

Hi all and first of all congratulations on the great forum Antiloop
    I have some questions and a little request
    The day after I bought my WL500g me or someone in the household misplaced the CD that came with it, so I had to download the printer setup utility so I could try to get my HP DJ540 (old, I know ) working with the router. So I did, but thing is it's not working. In page 80 of the manual, step3, I get a different box: instead of the "information" box asking to change "LPT1" to "Remote Port", I get a box asking my to add a port by entering the router's IP adress. It all seems to go well, but thing is I can't even print a test page. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Is it the printer? I haven't found any post on the LPT printers list regarding my model, but I don't want to post it as non working without making sure it's not my fault first. If it does work, is it the software? Can someone send me an image of the CD then via MSN or upload it somewhere? If this is the problem, please PM me or contact me at cooldudevamp [at] hotmail [dot] com.

I'd also like to ask if a user like me - having only 2 computers connected through wire to the router and the router connected to the internet - should try/use custom firmware? I do a pretty simple use of the router, don't have a camera/USB disk but I do have an LPT printer

cya and thanks in advance
    Last edited by CoolDude; 28-08-2004 at 21:06. Reason: PM and email adress