Thread: How much is Power Consumption for WL-700gE ... ?

How much is Power Consumption for WL-700gE ... ?

Hi --

I noticed that WL-700gE is always running because of the internal HD and didnt found in the records how much does it consume in terms of energy (Watts) ... any ideas where to look ?

Thanks

in the paper chip (12/06) is written, that the wl-700g needs 10,7 watt in standby...

grat182

Quote Originally Posted by gratitude182 View Post
    in the paper chip (12/06) is written, that the wl-700g needs 10,7 watt in standby...

grat182

damned, thats huge !!!!!!!!

It uses 5 Watt if switched 'off'

In the Dutch C't issue 11-2006 I have read that this unit consumes almost 5 Watt if it's switched off. That's the reason I always remove the plug from the outlet after switching it off. What it uses when switched on I don't know, but I bet it's someting like 20 W.

Marc

I've checked my box last month with a Watt-Meter.

The german model i have, consumes 10,5 - 11,0 Watt in standard use. (Read or write on Harddisk). Only surfing and Wlan-use doesn't spin up my harddisk.

With a modified firmware and the harddisk is spin down it consumes 5,5Watt. So my internetsite is always online and only when someone gets data the harddisk is spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by lutze View Post

The german model i have, consumes 10,5 - 11,0 Watt in standard use. (Read or write on Harddisk). Only surfing and Wlan-use doesn't spin up my harddisk.

Checked the records. If a remember well: 220 Volt x 5 mA. = around 11 Watt Power Consumption ... right ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.car View Post
    Checked the records. If a remember well: 220 Volt x 5 mA. = around 11 Watt Power Consumption ... right ?
    No. 50mA.

220 Vrms * 50mA (0.050) = 11 W

- K.C.

Cool energy saver

Quote Originally Posted by lutze View Post

With a modified firmware and the harddisk is spin down it consumes 5,5Watt. So my internetsite is always online and only when someone gets data the harddisk is spinning.
    I had no "business case" before knowing this to spin down the hard disk. But now I have, and I have activated the code to do so.
    It works like a charm, and the Asus is much cooler this way.

Thanks for sharing this.
    Marc