Thread: Amule client for wl500gp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Amule client for wl500gp

UPDATED 8/1/2007

I've managed to provide the amule-package for wl500gp if somebody is interested . I think that 32MB RAM and 266Mhz CPU is absolutely minimum for amule but you can try it on different models.

Starting from scratch (optional, depends on your current configuration):
    1 Switch to oleg-optware feed (src unslung http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...g/cross/stable in /opt/etc/ipkg.conf)
    2 ipkg update
    3 install uclibc-opt libstdc++ and reinstall any already installed packages
    *4* install wxbase (2.8.0 from the oleg-optware feed)
    *5* install amule (2.1.3 from the oleg-optware feed)

First run (needed for creating configuration's files, there is a script in /opt/etc/init.d that will start amule later) :

1 export HOME=/opt/share/amule
    2 run 'amuled'
    The program will exit leaving /opt/share/amule/.amule/amule.conf that must be configured. I recommend to disable IPFiltering for saving resources. Provide some servers from http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html as server.met file.
    Don't know why but only few of those servers work for me. Or connect for ex. to DonkeyServer No6 [62.241.53.15:4242]
    3 Forward ports.I have problems with the udp-forwarding when the amule runs at wl500gp that acts as a router - kademlia is always firewalled (?)
    4 Run it again to test the configuration.
    5 Reboot.

After some testing I've noticed that the program runs quite stable. amuleweb is php-based application, it's slow and takes a lot of CPU and RAM so maybe you'd to delete it and use a remote gui or a command line tool instead.
    Amuled (2.1.3) after 10h of intensive tests seems really stable - it's transfered 2-3GB without a single crash.
    Memory usage:
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 30140 28764 1376 0 740 9972
    -/+ buffers/cache: 18052 12088
    Swap: 498004 15376 482628
    Note:
    1 Unfortunately MuleDebug.cpp (aMule) is using functions that are not supported by the compiler so the exception's logging has gone away.
    2 The Amule package is dynamically linked against libstdc++6. I've run into some serious problems trying cross-compiling with libstdc/uclibc++. WxBase is cross-compiled.

I also manage to compile an ocaml and mldonkey package but it takes too much resources, however it runs stable. It's a shame that ocaml doesn't provide a native-compiler for the mips-linux architecture.
    Last edited by gorion; 08-01-2007 at 10:22. Reason: amule-package is now in the optware feed
    Powered by 2 Asus wl500g Premium :-)

I am considering to split libstdc++ and libuclibc++ into two separate packages. wxbase is one of the packages that have problems with default cross libuClibc++ library. That's why you've managed to do native compile as there g++ is not wrapped as in cross.
    For cross compilation toolchain/mipsel-linux-uclibc/gcc-4.1.1-uclibc-0.9.28/bin/nowrap/mipsel-linux-uclibc-g++
    or oolchain/mipsel-linux-uclibc/gcc-4.1.1-uclibc-0.9.28/bin/mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc -x c++
    should be used.

Can you provide .mk files for that?

mk for wxbase is standard. It's in the attachment. It must be polished between lines:[102-105] because I use this step to add missing include files to the source - there are exist in wxgtk sources but are not included in wxbase sources:
    Code:
    Dir:
    src/expat
    src/xml
    include/xml
    This should works.

When you try to make wxbase-stage/ipk there are two problems with the makefile of wxbase:

There are no bakefiles because I disabled precompiled headers in configuration's section of .mk (line 115) in order this project to compile. But the makefile try to install them so this line must be deleted:
    Code:
    (cd $(srcdir)/build/bakefiles/wxpresets/presets/ ; $(INSTALL_DATA)  wx.bkl wx_unix.bkl wx_win32.bkl $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/bakefile/presets)
    Also I built the simplest version of wxbase but the makefile try to install all of the libraries and the install-strip section of the makefile should look like this
    Code:
    	install-strip: install
    $(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_net$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_core$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_adv$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_media$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_odbc$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_dbgrid$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_html$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_qa$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIX)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_xml$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_xrc$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_aui$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_richtext$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/$(DLLPREFIX)$(WXDLLNAMEPREFIXGUI)$(WXUNICODEFLAG)$(WXDEBUGFLAG)$(WX_LIB_FLAVOUR)_gl$(WXCOMPILER)$(VENDORTAG)$(WXDLLVERSIONTAG)$(dll___targetsuf3)
    #	$(STRIP) $(DESTDIR)$(PLUGINS_INST_DIR)/$(DLLPREFIX_MODULE)sound_sdl$(PLUGINSUFFIX)$(PLUGVERDELIM)$(PLUGIN_VERSION0)$(WXCOMPILER).$(SO_SUFFIX_MODULE)
    As you can see the 2.8.0 wxbase's source is quite buggy and patches must be genereted before this will be included in the official optware... or we wait for 2.8.1 :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gorion; 05-01-2007 at 00:42.