Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WebUi (utorrent)

The standard torrentflux supports sqlite as well apparently. The main problem right now is that there isnt a php-sqlite extension available for the wl-700ge. I will try torrentflux-b4rt tonight and see if it needs this extension (I suspect it probably will)

It can use it, but can use MySQL too. See the thread I mentioned above, someone else figured how to enable sqlite for PHP out of Oleg's packages.

Quote Originally Posted by wirespot View Post
    Guys, I doubt there's going to be a firmware with torrent support on it. The firmware is for more important, essential things. Dependencies have to be kept to a minimum. Torrent support would require a lot of dependencies, all of which are supplied in the extended packages. It's just not reasonable to ask for it in the firmware.
    I completely concur with this position. I know it's easier to just flash the device and *poof* it suddenly has additional features, but everyone has a different set of "requirements" for their box. There's fundamentally no way to have a one-size-fits-all flash image that'll satisfy everyone.

Additionally, I would argue that following a step-by-step recipe is only marginally more difficult than flashing an image.

To that end, I think we should start gathering our collective know-how into a series of best practice how-to's that can help get from stock firmware to a huge variety of endpoints. Each how-to would solve a particular problem.

I'm willing to write the how-to on how to upgrading the stock firmware and get a decent environment running on it. I'd consider it Rev-2 of the current web page instructions, with more detail, a prettier layout, and additional instructions on creating a fully functional base system.

From that, we could add additional items. I see a number of good topics already:

1. Better torrent support (there will probably be many of these)
    2. Creating a self-hosting environment; compiling directly on the box
    3. Better integration into a Mac network
    4. Enabling ssh from the outside
    5. Enhancing the firmware without reflashing (via mount -o bind)
    6. ...

These forums are not the best place to host such things. I think we need a wiki to do this right. Any suggestions?

- K.C.

Apparently there's one at http://wiki.wl500g.info It just seems terribly disorganized at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by kfurge View Post

These forums are not the best place to host such things. I think we need a wiki to do this right. Any suggestions?

- K.C.

I have space left on my webserver about 10 GB I can set up another book where you guys can discribe the custom firmware.

It now runs on my wl700 because my webserver was fucked up and had to give it a format. Tonight when I'm home from work(23:00u CET) I'm gonne patch it over to my badass webserver and the page should run at full speed.

take a look http://wl700g.homelinux.net/drupal/
    Let me now what you think of it then I'll set up a bookpage for you guys
    (drupal bookpages can be editted by registerd user just like a wiki. I think drupal looks nicer)

Grtz

Ron
    Last edited by back2basic; 13-03-2007 at 00:28.

Openwrt or Custom Firmware on asus? - http://wl700ge.hezik.nl/ - Http://wl700g.homelinux.net

My ASUS collection: WL500gp(80GB usb-hdd - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 7.09) | WL700gE(250GB - Running OpenWrt Kamikaze 8.09rc1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123