Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS WL-700gE custom firmware released - (1.0.4.2-1)

1. Great new : thank

Is there a patch somewhere against the original firmware ?

Quote Originally Posted by d3viant View Post
    Hmm, I don't think it's a timing issue - I waited for quite a while after logging on before trying again (12 hours) and the request for a login username is quite fast all the time. I am not at home right now - will try a router reset via the button on the back of it when I get home, but it looks like the telnet session is staying open or something...
    I'm not able to reproduce your error. Everything works for me. The only thing - I had never installed firmware 1.0.4.6.... I have no idea.

Yes - this was a downgrade for me from the 1.0.4.6 firmware. I will try a reset on the device, and see what happens...

customized source

I just released the source of my customization: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/custom...2-1/source.zip

1) I added two functions mkfiles() and start_startup_script() that are launched at start_misc()
    2) I reconfigured busybox to enable login
    Last edited by MoD; 10-11-2006 at 18:56.

Hmm, interesting. MoD, what username do you have for your web-based session?

When I reset the router, I could telnet in using the defaults, (username admin password admin)

But when I changed the username and password combo, I can no longer logon to the router via telnet. Could there be some user/password telnet problems here?

6. Quote Originally Posted by MoD View Post
    I just released the source of my customization: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/custom...2-1/source.zip

1) I added two functions mkfiles() and start_startup_script() that are launched at start_misc()
    2) I reconfigured busybox to enable login
    Great, many thank. Just to be sure before I download it : that's not the source, but only a patch ?

Ha - I got it going again

I just typed in my name and password again in the system setup section of the web interface, then rebooted the router. Everything worked again.

For the ipkg stuff, I assume I have to obtain a binary from somewhere? Any advice on this?

Hmm, interesting. MoD, what username do you have for your web-based session?

When I reset the router, I could telnet in using the defaults, (username admin password admin)

But when I changed the username and password combo, I can no longer logon to the router via telnet. Could there be some user/password telnet problems here?
    I guess that you have to restart the router because my code is launched on startup and takes the user credentials from nvram. I haven't wrote a code that changes telnet password when you change the web credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoire.Favre View Post
    Great, many thank. Just to be sure before I download it : that's not the source, but only a patch ?
    these are files that are changed. just overwrite the original.

Ha - I got it going again

I just typed in my name and password again in the system setup section of the web interface, then rebooted the router. Everything worked again.

For the ipkg stuff, I assume I have to obtain a binary from somewhere? Any advice on this?
    there is an ipkg.sh script on internet. it downloads and installs the ipkg package. I think it has to be configured. Think think think...!!! dont drink too much on weekends -

Hmm, Ok, can't get ipkg working properly - got one installed to /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/opt/bin but it says ipkg: not found when I try to run it - it is definitely on my path, so not 100% sure what is happening there...

Coincidentally, is there any reason why this startup script isn't working?

#!/bin/sh
    export PATH=$PATH:/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/opt/bin
    export IPKG_CONF_DIR=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/opt/etc

I have done the nvram set startup_script=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/rcinit and nvram commit.

Hmm, Ok, can't get ipkg working properly - got one installed to /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/opt/bin but it says ipkg: not found when I try to run it - it is definitely on my path, so not 100% sure what is happening there...
    this could be uclibc issue

Coincidentally, is there any reason why this startup script isn't working?

#!/bin/sh
    export PATH=$PATH:/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/opt/bin
    export IPKG_CONF_DIR=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/opt/etc

I have done the nvram set startup_script=/shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/rcinit and nvram commit.
    I do not know exactly bu it coud be because of permitions and ownership. when you create file from windows workstation, the owner is guest.

I know that in telnet you can copy any script from the router to share, change the content and it will work. for example:

cp /apps/bin/rcinstall /shares/MYVOLUME1/MYSHARE1/rcinit

Hmm, no luck with that - the rcinstall file has root.root permissions, the same as the rcinit file I created (I am sharing the drive via NFS)

It seems that the uclibc libraries are needed for ipkg to run correctly, although I am not 100% sure about this - wouldn't it complain about missing libraries instead of just saying ipkg: not found?

Hmm, no luck with that - the rcinstall file has root.root permissions, the same as the rcinit file I created (I am sharing the drive via NFS)

It seems that the uclibc libraries are needed for ipkg to run correctly, although I am not 100% sure about this - wouldn't it complain about missing libraries instead of just saying ipkg: not found?
    be sure that you have linux, not windows newline code. do not use notepad. use for example notepad2.exe

I am running from Linux, so all the rcinit files I have made have been edited using vi, so that shouldn't be the cause of the problem. What permissions and uid/gid do you have on your rcinit file to make it work - I will see if that makes any difference...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast