Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB cam problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kyncl
    Is it possible that output stream from the RCAMD is mjpg /motion jpeg/ ?
    i've no idea.. as far as I have searched there is not much information available
    so you're a bit on your own atm
    i suggest you to download the GPL file, as you are already familair with linux and use that for reference

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Rcamd

Yeahh I will try it thanx anyway

Security mode

Hi Antiloop, have You tested security mode yet? My WL500g is sending emails all the time, using the QuickCam 4000 pro. There is no movement in front of the Cam. Does the same thing happen with You?

-mrloken
    Last edited by mrloken; 20-09-2004 at 23:06.

For any that are running Phillips cameras

for any that are running Phillips cameras, there is a new reverse-engineered version of the drivers here:

http://www.saillard.org/pwc/

It should be work with 640x480 res without binary adds on /pwcx compression modul/
    It would be nice substitution for old pwc from Nemosoft

Unfortunately I´m not very experienced user of the cross compilers

So I found also project motion detection
    http://motion.sourceforge.net It can separate standalone picture from yuv stream /dev/videoX stream.
    Iĺl try to separate picture generator from this source, Iĺl inform you about progress.

Hibble

I have a Trust 300SpaceC@M connected to my WL-500g, have similar problem , cannot get it to work. What is odd is thah this webcam is listed in Asus Documentation as a compatible device .

If anyone has a solution, please reply - thanks Hibble

Sorry for you, I think this webcam use a specific compression mode. Try using this prog and tell me if it get pictures for you? I've compiled it for trust crapy webcams.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Hugo,

How can I use your programme ? Any instructions on its usage?

Regards Hibble

./getjpeg --help

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by DenTheMan
    I followed instructions for installing USB Webcam Philips ToUcam II (pcvc820k)
    also I did the firmware upgrade.
    Still I get the message 'couldn't connect to server"

What am I doing wrong...I am just a nitwit trying to get a on-line webcam for the pets.......

The active X stuff is a very crappy thing... I've noticed that if you have an opened IE window with the ActiveX showing inside, if you try to open a second on the second one will complain "could'nt create socket".......

By looking at the firmware source i've noticed that the grey image in the refresh mode is by design when dealing with pictures greater than 160x120... I do not know why... However benlau posted a patch for this problem, if you are familiar with compiling the firmware yould try this out....

I have the same cam as you, and it work without problems, except that i get a mirrored image....
    The Struggle Continues...
    Asus WL500g #1 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as main home gateway, with Philipps PWC730k
    Asus WL500g #2 with fw 1.9.2.7-7f running as Wireless Client, running palantir 2.6 with SPCA5xx camera on 128MB generic USB key

Is there anyone who have been able to view the activex stream, or is everyone seeing a BW picture who`s update each second?

What software do you use to view this?

YES IT IS WORKING GREAT FOR ME......

I set the 192.168.1.* as trusted site in ie options security and enabled for this zone all activex content. Nice streaming video in color with about 3 pics/sec in 320*240....

ciao,
    JBK

Thnx!

Have you done something extra? What camera do you have and what driver? You have enabled ACTIVEX ONLY and uses http://192.168.1.1:7777 in IE?

I have done the same as you and I get lots of unrecognized signs. And in firefox I get a octet stream, but I have nothing to show it with. I have tryed mplayer and winamp.

Any toughts?

Hi,

Link in IE (and only in ie since firefox doesn´t work) for me is: http://192.168.1.1:7776/ShowWebCam.asp. And really only acticex enabled as described above. I have not done anything else.

Setup in web interface is:
    Enable Web Camera? LAN and WAN
    Web Camera Mode: ActiveX and Refresh
    Web Camera Driver: OV511 2.10
    Image Size: 320 X 240
    Sense Level: Medium
    Refresh Time in seconds: 1
    Caption String: TrixiCam
    HTTP Port: 7776 Password Checking : enabled
    ActiveX Port: 7777

My Cam is an about 5 years old "avercam elite".

ciao,
    JBK
    Last edited by jbkerner; 26-02-2005 at 13:31.

Thnx!

Works great now. Wrong port and I also forgot one of the activex settings on the client side. Thank you!

Btw: What cam do you have?
    Is it possible to get larger images og more frequently updates on them?
    There is sound on my cam, is it possible to get it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12