I think I know what is wrong, this product is not for me at all. The WL-500gp(or any other Asus router for that matter) is not for "ordinary" users, but for highly advanced users who like to do everything with their routers. I shouldn't have bought it, I know this now.

So, for those who thought I was shitting my own pants and complaining about it afterwards, I apologize. I didn't come here to pick a fight, I didn't want the argue with anyone and I didn't want to become unpopular here. I just wanted to voice my own opinions about something I clearly didn't have a clue about.

But one more sour note from me. I wanted to upgrade the router FW and went to the ASUS site to download the new router software. Not only did it take longer then anything I have downloaded since 1999, but I can't extract the file because of a couple of filename conflicts in the zip/rar file AND I can't getmy head arround how to update the darn thing anyway. I can't find anything on the Asus site telling me how to do it...

This should be the easiest thing in the world. Download a file, open in, it starts updating automatically. Asus should also provide a step by step guide on how to do it. It might be there, but spending 1 hour to find it just P me off even more. This is the total opposite of user friendliness and Asus is the one to blame....not me, for not understanding the internal workings of a wlan box.

I'm sorry, I know this isn't a mainstream product and I regret buying it. For you all, it might be excellent and even beyond, but for me, it's not.

It's basically the worst thing I have ever spent my money on in my whole life. I now hate Asus more then anything in the world and I won't trust anything with an Asus branding. Yes, I screwed up here by SHOUTING at the wrong people, but Asus is basically....CRAP