Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Giftd on wl500g

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Sounds like a realy Dirty Hack
    Sadly cdonkey and Gitf seem to have low development at the moment ...
    I don't think so, KaZaA Lite also has a download accelerator which does nothing more then a 'seach for more sources' for every download every x seconds. Which is, I think, exactly the same method as this plugin. So hack or not, it's common to other applications as well.

I was allready thinking I should write such a plugin myself...but it seems I don't need to anymore

Hi Styno

If you realy can code, implement a Bittorrent client in C or C++ with low memory foodprint . The protokoll is set on http, simple and stright forward.
    All implementations are ploated script,java or other solutions.

Greets

Hi, yes I am a professional C/C++ coder, mostly GUI-less cross-platform applications for industrial automation. Because I'm allready coding at least 8 hours a day, I feel reluctant to do more coding in my free time.

I will look at the BitTorrent protocol and if I decide to try and code a gift plugin, it will take long before there is even an beta version. On top of that I don't have much Linux experience (even though many of my apps are designed to work under Linux/Windows). I've never setup a build environment under Linux, I usually deliver the code developed in Windows which other ppl compile under Linux. Thus someone else has to do the compiling at least...

Two other things:
    - Can someone post a built giFT Wakeup here?
    - A pre-release version with fixed Gnutella plugin is out, can someone build it please?

HeX, DeF??
    Last edited by Styno; 15-08-2004 at 11:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Two other things:
    - A pre-release version with fixed Gnutella plugin is out, can someone build it please?

HeX, DeF??
    Not me, alas. I don't have the hardware in question, and am unaware even what OS/architecture it uses.

Having said that, it should be pretty easy to build assuming it's linux or *BSD.

back from vacation

For the Edonkey Network, what is about Cdonkey ??
    Im not sure about the Projekt state and its compatibility to the currend clients, but it compiles to a 1,2MB binary so use on the 500g seems possible ...
    I just came across this client and i'm planning to try to compile it in the feature. but first i want to have the giftd running good.

Quote Originally Posted by styno
    I will look at the BitTorrent protocol and if I decide to try and code a gift plugin, it will take long before there is even an beta version. On top of that I don't have much Linux experience (even though many of my apps are designed to work under Linux/Windows). I've never setup a build environment under Linux, I usually deliver the code developed in Windows which other ppl compile under Linux. Thus someone else has to do the compiling at least...
    I've also looked in to the posiblility of coding my own bittorrent plugin. But i'm also to busy with my normal life to start a project like that. but if someone want's to code a bittorrent plugin i'm willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by styno
    Two other things:
    Working on it. hmm... i also see that a new giftd is released yester day so there is enough compiling work for me
    Last edited by DeF; 22-08-2004 at 13:21.

If you realy can code, implement a Bittorrent client in C or C++ with low memory foodprint .
    I've found a small C bittorent client which should easilly fit onto the WL-500g. We might convert it towards a giFT plugin, but you can run it stand-alone as well so why bother?!

Homepage of CTorrent

I don't have a linux box you willl have to compile it yourself.

I've found a small C bittorent client which should easilly fit onto the WL-500g. We might convert it towards a giFT plugin, but you can run it stand-alone as well so why bother?!
    yes i already found that one... problem is that, unlike the name suggests, it is moostly writen in C++. and the standard build environment from Asus doesn't include g++.

But if been reading on the gift mailing list that implenting bittorrent/emule in the 0.11.x version is kind of difficult because of the design of giFT. but they want to change some things in the 0.12 version to make this easyer. so it probably smart to wait for giFT 0.12 before starting with a bittorent plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by DeF
    yes i already found that one... problem is that, unlike the name suggests, it is moostly writen in C++. and the standard build environment from Asus doesn't include g++.
    You are sooo right, I completely overlooked that. I am so used to reading/writing C++ code that i just didn't notice.

*hits-himself-with-a-hammer-on-its-head smiley*

GiFT 0.11.7 and updated plugins

I'm finished compiling the new giFT 0.11.7 and a new OpenFT and Gnutella plugin.

Gnutella now works, the problem wasn't in the Gnutella plugin but there were two library's missing. Strangely enough Linux didn't report that.

For the adventures under us I also included the SoulSeek plugin, which is very beta. I manage'd to connect to the soulseek server but haven't been able to search. But maybee someone with more SoulSeek experience can make this work.

I also updated the wiki page with the compile commands and the new version.(Thanks Styno for making this page )

You can download the new version here:
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/imhoff/WL500g..._wl500g.tar.gz

for people who are upgrading from the last version... i suggest you back up your config file's and move them back over the new one's. I also changed the default incoming location to unfinished, i think this better reflexts what it does. If you also decide to use this path and still have unfinished downloads you can simply move the state file's to the new directory to resume them.

Compiling the giFTwakeup program wasn't a succes.... it depends heavely on glib. and i don't feel much for compiling glib for the WL500g.....

Thumbs up DeF! I will try it immediately

Its a pitty the giFT Wakeup plugin won't work, because without it my giFT daemon is so lazy, I wonder why I use it anyway...

Edit:
    Two remarks until now:
    - The .tar.tar file cannot be extracted using tar on the router
    - The content of the first extracted .tar file is named `[content]` without .tar extension
    Last edited by Styno; 24-08-2004 at 20:33.

Thumbs up DeF! I will try it immediately

Its a pitty the giFT Wakeup plugin won't work, because without it my giFT daemon is so lazy, I wonder why I use it anyway...

Edit:
    Two remarks until now:
    - The content of the first extracted .tar file is named `[content]` without .tar extension
    Just rename ...tar.tar to ...tar.gz

Don't use the tar on the router.... i have'nt been able to extract a single tar archive with it. Just extract on an other machine.

I've been looking at the client interface of giFT in order to decide how difficult it would be to create an 'Auto Search More' module.

Have they ever heard of documenting code or what? Damn! Not a word on how to implement their client interface

Anyway it seems to me it won't be hard work to get such a client up and running. As I've stated before: I'm not very experienced in Linux and don't have a compile environment available, someone else has to do the compiling. Anyone interested in helping me when I produce the raw code? If so, we can start a new topic on this item...
    Last edited by Styno; 25-08-2004 at 14:14.

hmm.. I hope you haven't gone through a lot of trouble already to make that client Styno. because I took a charge at giFTwakeup yesterday and removed al glib specific funtions from it. On the moment i've got a working version, but it isn't very stable especialy when a download has lot's of source's.

here is the source and a compiled version. you can just run it directly from the commandline, it doesn't need any additional library's. I would be glad to here what your experience is with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeF
    hmm.. I hope you haven't gone through a lot of trouble already to make that client Styno. because I took a charge at giFTwakeup yesterday and removed al glib specific funtions from it. On the moment i've got a working version, but it isn't very stable especialy when a download has lot's of source's.

here is the source and a compiled version. you can just run it directly from the commandline, it doesn't need any additional library's. I would be glad to here what your experience is with it.
    Okay, this is great! I only reviewed the client interface until now. I was planning on doing some coding in my holiday (next week) but I will suspend that.

I'll try this package tonight and let you know...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast