Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oleg's firmware, QoS on WL-500gP

Symbiot,

Can you please give an update on your progress?

Thanks

QoS packet from LAN forwarding problem

Hi!

I've searched all over the forum but didn't find the solution.
    The thing is: with WMM and WMM-noack enabled in the router (basic 1.9.7.5 firmware) if i try sending packets with DSCP set to EF (or any other qos class) in the IP header from the LAN ports to either WLAN or WAN, the packets are blocked in the router. If I send from WLAN, they're forwarded, and also forwarded if WMM is off or no DSCP is set.
    I tried both Home Gateway and AP modes and playing with the priorities at Bandwidth Management, no success.

Any ideas?
    Thank you!

David

Topic up.
    Noone facing the same problem?
    Why WL-500GP if not for QoS then? (:

add1: I've contacted Asus 3 weeks ago, but since a quick reply that their engineers will make a test nothing received.
    add2: The problem doesn't appear with TOS set between bin:00000001...00011111 (hex:1...31). It appears always above 31. But with 1...31 the WMM quality always stays Best effort.

Exclamation QoS, Bandwidth shaping, prioritization.

I am aware of Wondershaper, but I think its too hard to use. The tutorials/explanation for that is very advanced.

What I ultimately want to achieve is not a speed limit/range. Instead, I only want to set PRIORITY to each Ipaddress:Port

how can I achieve this?

I am using Oleg Firmware 1.9.2.7-8 (2007-10-30) and WL-500W. I have set up the router so I can install IPKG stuff.

Please help.
    Thanks.

I totally agree and looking for the same thing.

I think the `PRIO` chain is designed for just this. So first we CBQ chain was popular, then that changed to HTB with the htb.init scripts and now hopefully someone can put a frontend to the prio chain.

We have frontends for iptables. I hope we will soon have frontend interfaces for bandwidth use too (please god).

Until then it seems to be
    http://lartc.org/
    &
    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Packet_...g#Prioritizing

I'm not sure but could this one command do something useful?
    http://lartc.org/manpages/tc-sfq.html

#tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root sfq perturb 10
    Last edited by jago25_98; 27-12-2007 at 17:10.

QoS and Oleg's FW

Hi,
    I'd like to set QoS priorities based on number of ethernet port. Is that possible ? If not, setting priority based on client's IP would also do the thing.
    Brandwidth managment based on TCP/UDP port number without QoS (implemented in Oleg's FW) is not good enough for my VoIP gateway.
    In orginal Asus firmware there was a QoS setting to VoIP/Streaming (missing in Oleg's). It was kinda weird to me because i couldn't find a clue how it really worked, nevertheless it worked just fine.

Regards,
    Azrael

QoS / Priority per physical port

Is there any way to give a specific ethernet port priority over other ones on the switch?
    WL500g Premium R1.14 with 128MB mod and serial port mod
    Oleg 1.9.2.7-10 - Lighttpd w/ PHP using eAccelerator - multi-user ready - dropbear secured setup

QOS

How i can configure QOS on oleg firmware? at first igmp (iptv) at secound voip

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12