Thread: Internal file copy?

Internal file copy?

I feel kindof stupid asking this question. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I have been quite annoyed that whenever I want to move a file on the wl700g to another location - still on the wl700g - the file copy is insanely slow because it is copied first to the pc I am controlling the router from and then back to the router to the target location. Surely there is some way to perform a true local copy of files on the router?

Can anybody tell me what I am missing?

The same goes for copying data from attached usb storage to the internal disk, btw.

I realize that with a telnet or ssh, this would be easy, but how would a normal end-user (unable to compile sources/edit scripts etc) perform local copying?

Quote Originally Posted by AverySimonsen View Post
    I feel kindof stupid asking this question. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I have been quite annoyed that whenever I want to move a file on the wl700g to another location - still on the wl700g - the file copy is insanely slow because it is copied first to the pc I am controlling the router from and then back to the router to the target location. Surely there is some way to perform a true local copy of files on the router?
    afaik "fast copying" from within the internal disk or partition (which then would mean just a rewriting of the fileystem table) is possible when the data is moved from one place to another from within the same share. However with the actual firmware it's not possible to create ONE superior share for the whole disk / partition