Thread: Replace router or not?

Unhappy Replace router or not?

I own WL-500G Premium, and now I am very upset because of it.... I am thinking about replace this router. Here are my reasons:

-When I first tried to connect to the router and set up, admin page was hard to reach, it took about 30 mins for me.

-After setting up on section and restart admin page didn't show up a lot of times.

-I have ADSL with PPPoE connection, which disconnected about 3-4 times with 10 mins intervalum, after it was stable....

-with asus firmware 1.9.6.7 I wasn't able to upload on FTP (this was the point when I decided to replace this machine....)

-As I read other people had problems with the power cord, so if you move it a little the router goes down, no power....

-After reset (with the button on the back of the router) reaching the router again took me about half an hour, dhcp hardly ever worked...

Maybe I forget some other bugs, but these were the most annoying for me.

Please tell me your opinions!

dakua

no such problems here.... just the one with power cord but I am not moving it a lot (if at all)... maybe buggy piece

Replace it...

I have been thinking about a lot, and decided to replace it, but I don't want another ASUS crap, I will buy Linksys wrt54gl and update it with dd-wrt... On the other hand, it has an option that enables you to restore firmware anytime, so router will not be broke if something fails! Thanks for answers and no more crap asus!