Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WL500g Premium - 7f-pre6 - URGENT ... now -pre7

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    This depends on the firmware which you've at the moment. If you've one of my firmwares before -pre6, then you should uprade for sure. The changes are internal to keep your router working when nvram fails.
    Thanks for your answer! Currently I'm runing official fw (1.9.6.9),... I tried also your pre6 fw and I played to much with some settings and finally I run "factory default" wich cause my router died.... pin 9 bring it alive...
    Will try pre7...

Anyone know if tfp command'll restore the router instead of use pin 9? I'd like 2 try oleg's firmware but I don't want 2 open my router.

Sorry, there will be no guarantee, of course! There's always a real risk. As Oleg says there seems to be hardware bug or something like that, as far as I understand!? His newest firmware seems to work around the problem, and may be the only one, that does this, but ...

Maybe, you will have problems and can restore a firmware with tftp but only if you can reach your router via ip. If it suddenly decides to take a random ip from about 4000000000 possibilities or even no ip at all it will be not reachable anymore.

As much as I understand, this can even happen, if you do not change your firmware but only your settings, like i did before writing the following post:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?p=34696#post34696

Here is one defect ip setting in my nvram:

dr_staticipaddr_x=
    ]S񖕞&fNQx5?Lg4ֳH8ٷ*x矓PTԷ) MMkېa *ihcZ080000800800888pCO> }z߲a,Y־#G,ab}#9& ղ&M ,k^|qI)s/~9v+ȷ/_IC*UאX|mN{+_Ws.w%ߵ|n仕od >(}Q
    o^|)mɷ=}̌rsw,J/=aYeUu=Rކ6-߽ѿ>v<cǘ`yJcS.6ŖDNկ#_O "6j}Z_Q/ۖ/#ߎ|Y
    ;$_Yjoߍw<~[74|q18N8a#K1'ǹnq[Uz]yM=Q;w!I?})?}y~6:xbtGu# G=
    K/| '; 5A߅y21x5{mGdUL:̟r?0W; p0[䮘bU8/q

I do not understand how this could happen, but if the router does such things, it can also suddenly point to a random or invalid ip value. If you only changed your settings you still have guarantee and get a new device or money back!

Perhaps Oleg can post some more descriptions of the symptoms or causes of the bug!?

Quote Originally Posted by Banane View Post
    Here is one defect ip setting in my nvram:
    Have you reseted to defaults after you've flashed -pre7? Perhaps, this is an old firmware thing...

Hi Oleg!

I should have written:

"Here is one defect ip setting that has been in my nvram with my first/original asus firmware"

:-)

Are Olegs workarounds/fixes incorporated into OpenWRT yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123