Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WL-500gP with 3G USB Modem and Oleg's Firmware

Now cigar.

Wl-500Gp + E220 PAP Authentication

Hi.
    I have a Wl-500gp + Huawei E220.
    The E220 works fine on my pc, i have configured the connection with the APN, user, pass, all ok, and the authentication method is PAP not CHAP.
    When i try to use it connected to Wl-500gp it doens't connect. I believe it is because of the authentication method.
    I've tried with other Network and a E220 with CHAP auth and it works fine.
    How can i change it?

WL-500gP and Huawei E180?

Hiya

I was wondering if anybody has gotten the new huawei E180 umts modem to work with the Asus WL-500g Premium? If anybody know how to set up the hardware to work properly please guide me to the correct setup and I will be forever greatfull

//M

Nobody has any clue how to set up the WL-500 to work with a E180 broadband modem?

//M

Oh well i gave this How-To and ti works quite well

//M

I'm getting a e180 on ebay. I'm gonna test it on my wl500 deluxe. I'll report back in the forum.

Regards

Btw... It should work http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=63300
    I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by m.klinge View Post
    Oh well i gave this How-To and ti works quite well

//M
    Hi,

can you send at commands, USSD commands like balance check, recharge ?

Darius

Question WL500GPV2 with TMN Huawei E220

Hi

I have a Vodafone Huawei E220 and a router WL500GPV2 with Koppel 1.71 and i have configured it for vodafone in Portugal with Dial number *99# and APN: internet.vodafone.pt and selected E220 modem, after reboot start working just fine with internet at good speed.

Now i wanted to do the same with TMN E220 modem or KANGURU E220 modem, but i replaced in TMN the APN to "internet" and in Kanguru to "kangurufixo" just like they use when connected directlly to pc and none works, after restart the router they blink green and than blue but if i try to acess the router at 192.168.1.1 the message disconnected appears at RED Colour on the screen.

If i connect Vodafone it connects sucessfully allways at 1st try.
    Does anyone has TMN or Kanguru working that can help me?

Best regards

Pauo

Connect and disconnet the huawei e220 connection from Windows

Hello to everyone,

I have the asus wl-500gp v2 and connected an huawei e220 modem with inside an h3g card. Until now, I have a connection plan with data consumed and so when I want to disconnect I simply power off the router or go to webif and click on disconnet.
    Now I changed my plan with one that charge time and not data and noticed that simply power off the router doesn't terminate the connection: infact on my carrier connection log, it seems that when I disconnet with ower off they add 1 hour to my connection, while if I click on disconnect button in webif there is no presence in the log of this adde hour.
    What I ask you is if there is a possibility to disconnet it in windows without open the webif: I ask this because when my father uses the connection it is not so accustomed to do the disconnect procedure (even if it is very simple).
    What I thought is that maybe it is possible to create a batch file that connect to the router, enter username and password, go to the "Usb connection (user) menù, then on "User Dial-up config" and then disconnect: is it possible? Where I can start to do this?

Hope someone can help me.

--
    Regards,

Marco Mangiante

Hello,

I think I find a solution. I copied entirely from internet a vbs script that do the work. I simply created with notepad the file "telnet.vbs" and filled in with this code:

set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    WshShell.Run "cmd"
    WScript.Sleep 100
    WshShell.AppActivate "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe"
    WScript.Sleep 100
    WshShell.SendKeys "telnet 192.168.1.1~"
    WScript.Sleep 2000
    WshShell.SendKeys "admin~" 'your admin username
    WScript.Sleep 3000
    WshShell.SendKeys "pwd~" 'your admin password
    WScript.Sleep 1000
    WshShell.SendKeys "killall dial~" 'command
    WScript.Sleep 2000
    WshShell.SendKeys "killall pppd~" 'command
    WScript.Sleep 2000
    WshShell.SendKeys "exit~" 'close telnet
    WScript.Sleep 200
    WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}" 'prompt command line
    WshShell.SendKeys "exit~" 'close command line

The only trick is that you must execute it as "Microsoft Windows Based Script Host", so you have to click on the file with the right mouse button, then choose "Open with"->"Microsoft Windows Based Script Host"; you can also set that the vbs file is always opened with that.
    Hope this simple script can help other people.

--
    Regards,

Marco Mangiante

E180v (vodafone k3715) and WL-500GP v2

Hi Guys,

I've installed Oleg frmwr on my router to share my 3g connection, but it detects the modem has a cd Rom (When I insert the modem on a cumputer it installs a cd-rom\mass storage device with the drivers).

Jan 1 00:01:28 kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:03.0-1.1, assigned address 3
    Jan 1 00:01:28 kernel: Manufacturer: HUAWEI Technology
    Jan 1 00:01:28 kernel: Product: HUAWEI Mobile
    Jan 1 00:01:28 kernel: scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
    Jan 1 00:01:28 kernel: Vendor: HUAWEI Model: Mass Storage Rev: 2.31
    Jan 1 00:01:49 pppd[268]: In file /tmp/ppp/peers/gprs: unrecognized option '/dev/usb/tts/0'
    Jan 1 00:02:20 pppd[304]: In file /tmp/ppp/peers/gprs: unrecognized option '/dev/usb/tts/0'
    Jan 1 00:02:51 pppd[342]: In file /tmp/ppp/peers/gprs: unrecognized option '/dev/usb/tts/0'
    Jan 1 00:02:55 kernel: usb.c: deregistering driver usb-storage
    Jan 1 00:02:55 kernel: scsi : 0 hosts left

after configuring everything i get this error:

Jan 1 00:03:22 pppd[408]: In file /tmp/ppp/peers/gprs: unrecognized option '/dev/usb/tts/0'

Is there anything I can do?

Anyone can give me a hint?

Google has hints, as usual. You have exactly same problem, as all Linux users with such modems.

My hint: usb_modeswitch

Hi, thanx for the help, I've been messing with usb_modeswitch but no success yet!

where can I find the original and target Product and Vendor? THe modem has a ton of devices (2 USB mass storage and three modems I think)

Thankx in advance for the help

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast