Thread: range inside the building

range inside the building

hi all!
    first thanx to all for publically shared tips i read before buying this product.
    i'm having one question: i'm using wl-500g and wl-140 on b standard and the distance is around 120m (360feet) and it works perfectly (i don't use lan, only internet @ 1 mbps). no external antennas were used so far, wl-140 has 6dbi.

would a connection work well @1mbps if i use another wl-140 some 15m (45 feet) above the wl-500g? the room i'd like to connect to the internet is 3 or 4 floors higher and some 3 or 4 horizontal walls are between and one vertical too.
    the building is about 35 years old, but that doesn't seem to be very important.
    here's how it looks:
    ________
    | | | | | |
    | | | |y| |
    | | | | | |
    | | | | | |
    | | | | |x|
    | | | | | |
    | | | | | |
    | | | | | |
    ________
    i'd like to connect x with y.
    thanx.

possibly it will work yes.. but you will find out only by trying it first.. lot's of things are depending. a closet could be funest for your range for example

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

i know it's the best to try but i don't have a notebook or anything to bring up there. taking the pc some 100m away would be a bit silly.
    anyways, has anybody tried such connections so far?

such connections are possible.. but a lot of things come and look and will disturb the signal so that's the main question.. which can't be answered without trying

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO