Thread: Can't start restoration mode with 1.9.2.7-7f-pre4

Can't start restoration mode with 1.9.2.7-7f-pre4

Hi,
    I tried to upload 1.9.2.7-7f-pre4 firmware on my new 500g Premium. After firmware flash, router does not respond on ping but works fine like switch without Wi-Fi. I would like to use original FW but have no idea how to set AP into restoration mode. Pressing RESTORE button while plugging power has no effect.

2. Have you installed restoration tool from asus? Its been supplied via the asus cd (Indcluced in the router package)

from my earlier thread:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...light=firmware

How to start restoration mode?

Hi,
    how did you start restoration mode on router?

Put power in while keeping the "hidden" restore button pressed should still work.
    My guess is that this comes before loading of the firmware.
    It still works at my wl500gP even when openwrt is loaded as firmware and i totaly killed the router...
    Greetings
    Steve

Edit: with hidden i mean the little black button thats a little inside the router and not the red one thats sticking out..
    Last edited by Me2; 18-07-2006 at 09:42.

Let me know am I thinking right- is there a way to restore wl5000gP to original Asus firmware after flashing it with latest OpenWrt rc5?

Thanks in advance.

I use the 1.9.2.7-7f firmware, but it's not good for me cause the internet is no working and I dont't konw why.
    I want to get back the original asus firmware, but the upload doesn't work with that.
    So how could I restore the 1.9.6.9 firmware? The restoration software doesn't work. I could make the power led blinking the restoration method started but after 99% it says the wireless device can not be seen.
    So please help

Quote Originally Posted by Petr S. View Post
    Hi,
    I tried to upload 1.9.2.7-7f-pre4 firmware on my new 500g Premium. After firmware flash, router does not respond on ping but works fine like switch without Wi-Fi. I would like to use original FW but have no idea how to set AP into restoration mode. Pressing RESTORE button while plugging power has no effect.
    1.upgrade "1.9.2.7-7f-pre4" or"1.9.2.7-7f-pre7" firmware again.
    2.before completing(will take about 80 seconds..... ),to turn off Router power supply.
    3.so be again up power supply, to use "Asus restoration tool" restore Asus firmware.
    4.reset the Router to make the wan port alive!
    Last edited by dunatos; 06-09-2006 at 07:22.