Thread: Upnp music server

Upnp music server

Hi guys,

I have wired a Sony NAS-CZ1 to the WL700Ge. The Sony finds the WL700Ge alright when searching for servers and it does spend time "loading library", but then it says "No Album" - My music files are in the default music directory and music server is enabled - do I have to do anything else or should I blame the Sony?

I'm trying to use UPnP against my new Nokia N80 mobile.
    The WLan connection works fine but my phone doesen't find any UPnP devices.
    Are there anyone who have succesfully managed to use the MediaServer thing ?

I assume you don't have to run any software on a computer for this to work.
    It should be enough to have music files on the internal HDD of the WL700gE
    (In the default folder of course) and it should be availeble to all UPnP units... right.
    Last edited by NismoC32; 10-07-2006 at 14:35.

I have read several accounts of people successfully using the upnp server in the WL-700gE. I will receive a Noxon 2 in a couple of days. Will let you know how that turns out (fingers crossed).

EDIT: got the Noxon 2 today and whoop-de-doo .. it works with the wl700gE out of the box. I heard somebody else say that his network player had to have a fixed ip in order to connect to the music server, but there appears to be no need for that with the noxon 2. I strongly recommend it. The price is right and the features are excellent.

Only thing I'm a bit worried about is that I have been unable to find a support forum or any other kind of forum for Noxon 2 owners. I also haven't been able to find anything about firmware upgrades. Not a big problem though, since everything appears to run smoothly.
    Last edited by AverySimonsen; 12-09-2006 at 19:35.

I have a Zensonic Z500 network media player DVD blah, blah, blah. The uPnP stuff works great for music, but any attempt to stream video results in the Z500 instantly rebooting