Thread: WL500g + CONNECT2AIR AP-600RP-USB

Question WL500g + CONNECT2AIR AP-600RP-USB

I have my network setup with the 600RP connected to the internet router, the 600RP also talks to (wireless) my WL500g which is 2 fllors up. Then I have a few PC's cabled to the WL500g.

The problem is the download speed I get when downloading with this setup. The wireless speed between the 2 AP's is terrible, i.e. much less than 1 Mbit/s.

I also have a wireless NIC in my PC in the same location as the WL500g, but it communicates directly with the 600RP (cable to WL500g unplugged). In this case I get top download speed which is 1700 kbit/s.

I have tried to set both up in g-mode only, b-mode only, auto mode etc etc, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone have any tips on how to tune the WL500g to work with another AP ?
    Last edited by Asak; 06-07-2004 at 17:52.

http://www.wl500g.info/faq.php?faq=f...#faq_the_rules
    READ First too please

and what is a 600RP ? be more specific

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

The 600RP is a Fujitsu Siemens equivalent device to the ASUS WL500g. Its an accesspoint/router with built-in USB printserver.