Thread: Same hardware, wl500g vs wl500gx

Same hardware, wl500g vs wl500gx

Does somebody know?

http://event.asus.com/computex2004/p...x/overview.htm

Could be interesting if we were able to activate more than 54mbit

refer also to http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpB...opic.php?t=766

the WRT54gS is also a 'speedboost' model

the drivers i'm using at this moment are also ment for a speedbooster card allthough i have a WL120g in use.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I couln't care less with the speedbooster tech...
    But this thing has an USB2.0 acc. to spec, that makes the new one probaly a lot faster with a harddisk attached.
    mmm is this already available in the Netherlands?

like... AARGH i goddamn just ordered an netgear wgt634u because of the usb2.0 ports :S

but afaik it has not passed FCC yet, and thus not available for sale yet anywhere

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

USB 2.0, this could be interesting

Soon we have a little nice computer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    like... AARGH i goddamn just ordered an netgear wgt634u because of the usb2.0 ports :S

but afaik it has not passed FCC yet, and thus not available for sale yet anywhere
    unfortunately our distributor (techdata) has cancelled delivery of the Netgear WGT634U and won't be delivered anymore to the BeNeLux

so i'm forced to use usb1.1 in meantime till the wl500gx finally will arive..

OMG , when is this kewl piece of hardware coming to Europe?

I want to attach two (or more) harddisks with USB 2.0 in RAID 1 or JBOD for use as a NAS box.

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    OMG , when is this kewl piece of hardware coming to Europe?

I want to attach two (or more) harddisks with USB 2.0 in RAID 1 or JBOD for use as a NAS box.
    no idea.. it didn't pass FCC yet..

although for the ones who want to know the MyPal A730 is NOW (since july 20th) approved by FCC, shipping won't take long anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    unfortunately our distributor (techdata) has cancelled delivery of the Netgear WGT634U and won't be delivered anymore to the BeNeLux

so i'm forced to use usb1.1 in meantime till the wl500gx finally will arive..
    At least at kelkoo.nl the wgt634u is listed now.

And you live in Europe, so it shouldn't be a big problem to find a shop at Geizhals.at which delivers also to the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by taro
    At least at kelkoo.nl the wgt634u is listed now.

And you live in Europe, so it shouldn't be a big problem to find a shop at Geizhals.at which delivers also to the Netherlands.
    nah i'll wait till the wl500gx arrives in holland, at the time i ordered the netgear there wasn't a sign yet of the wl500gx

and to 'throw' away 150(excl shipping) bucks...

btw also for the ones wondering.. the WL-HDD 2.5 has been approved too by the FCC. pricing probably will be around 80-90 euro's

Hi

Any notes about 200Mhz CPU / More Memory ? That would be interesting besides the USB 2.0 Ports. I think they put ne newer xx10 Version of the Broadband CPU into it.
    Are there no Datasheets about the Broadcom Chips ?

In the datasheets only 16Mb max. RAM is mentioned, so probably no luck there.

Hmm, the WRT54gs seems to use de 4712 and is sould with Twice the normal Ram and Flash.
    How do they geht this running then ?
    Last edited by WlanMan; 10-08-2004 at 23:02.

Quote Originally Posted by WlanMan
    Hmm

Maybe the wrong Place here, but the WRT54gs seems to use de 4712 and is sould with Twice the normal Ram and Flash.
    How do they geht this running then ?
    The BCM4712 does not have USB 2.0. The BCM5364PKPB (as used in the netgear WGT634U) does. I suspect Asus will be using this chip instead.

Question

Anybody with news about when is this router going to be in the market? Do you think it is going to be more stable than the WL500g in terms of tolerated number of network connections when using P2P, speed autonegotiation problems ("wan port dies" issue) and other bgs that the WL500g has?

Do you think that this model is going to be compatible in terms of firmware with the WL-500g? The WL500g would be nothing without the huge support of the firmware modders, and specially for this site.