Thread: Acessing the router in Access point Mode (AP)

Acessing the router in Access point Mode (AP)

Does some one manage to access the router in AP mode via WEB, to change parameters like WEP, passwords, re-configure as Gateway

In my router, when I change it to AP the router became disable, for the default IP adress of the router. And it's impossible for
    me to access to it.

If some one manage to get into the configuratio of the WL700ge in AP mode, please tell me what to do. I'm considering send the router back
    sinse I think this is a malfunction

Thanks

Hello, I also own a WL700gE, and I also consider use WL700gE as AP if I find a suitable router (to release CPU resource of wl700gE for NAS).

I find the answer (http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=zh-tw) of your problem at ASUS forum@Taiwan (I am a Taiwanese). Here is my translation, I try my best :-)

In brief, "When you set WL700gE in AP mode, you must "power down WL700gE and Unplug AC power line, then reconnect Power line and reboot".

Note, I have not test it yet, but according to the answer from the forum, after reboot, AP mode should work fine and the WAN port become LAN port (i.e. you got 5 LAN port at AP mode).
    Last edited by jimmylgs; 27-05-2006 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylgs
    Hello, I also own a WL700gE, and I also consider use WL700gE as AP if I find a suitable router (to release CPU resource of wl700gE for NAS).

I find the answer (http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=zh-tw) of your problem at ASUS forum@Taiwan (I am a Taiwanese). Here is my translation, I try my best :-)

In brief, "When you set WL700gE in AP mode, you must "power down WL700gE and Unplug AC power line, then reconnect Power line and reboot".

Note, I have not test it yet, but according to the answer from the forum, after reboot, AP mode should work fine and the WAN port become LAN port (i.e. you got 5 LAN port at AP mode).

Thanks for this post, I'm gonna test it now.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylgs

I have allready made the test, and it worked, but you have to put dinamic IP in windows, because the IP gama jumps to other settings.

You only access the router with name ie: http://wl700ge/, it will no work with the normal IP (192.168.1.1) since that ip as change to something else

Ok, it's fact, another serious Bug in the firmware. That bug exists in all other firmware versions, I made the test.

try to ping it to find out IP address

Hi

I got a similar problem.

network:

Internet [DHCP]
    |
    (wire)
    |
    Zyxel p33wt [192.168.1.1] -(wire)- PC1
    |
    (wireless)
    |
    wl500g [AP mode] -(wire)- PC2

my problem is that i can not find the wl500g itself.

i can surf the net from pc2,
    can ping and browse by ip the pc1,
    can browse and ping the pc2 from pc1,
    can admin the zyxel router from both pcs,
    just can not find the asus, so i can not admin it.

is there any way to find it? of course i can restore it, but in this config im unable to reach it.

besides the known ips of my computers, i can see an ip (192.168.1.4) in the dhcp table of the zyxel, but it doesn't bring up the admin page of the asus.

You can try its utility device discovery to find it.