Thread: problems with file handling or file size

problems with file handling or file size

hello,

with my PC running with XP i want to decrypt a DVD. i get problems when i use my asus wlhdd as the destination drive for the decrypted video files (.VOB):

message: "data loss during writing. perhaps hardware or network problems" from XP. this problems only occurs if i use the wlhdd as target.

on my wlhdd runs the oleg firmware the latest version and samba. but it is running well, i dont have any problems with it. i have copied 12GB mp3 files from my XP pc to the wlhdd without probs. twonky media server is running well.

i have formatted the hdd in the wlhdd with the asus tools in 1 partition 80GB before upgrading to the oleg firmware. i have only small linux skills, so i dont know the format which the asus tool uses - perhaps ex3?

is the any restriction in file - size? any idea the decryter delivers file sizes with roundabout 1.073 GB / file. perhaps this is to much? the decryter works fine with my USB HDD which is formatted as FAT32.

thanks + kind regards
    rainer

the problem still lives

has nobody an idea? i cannot solve the problem by myself cause of my small linux skills .. it would be nice if somebody would help

thanks a lot
    rainer