Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wl 500g and ipv6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Which firmware would be appropriate ? (ssh + ipv6) ?

HEllo,

I am running official firmware v 1.8.1.9 on my wl500g, but I previously (before I got my asus router) had an account for a 6-to-4 tunnel with my isp which was very helpful (i am university student!).

Could you please prescribe me with the appropriate firmware version to set up ?

Moreover, I tried to downgrade to Oleg's firm v. 1.7.5.9-5 to access console using ssh, but I did not manage to open a session. This is because actual firmware has empty login field, and only password (which will not function using telnet).

Thanx in advance

just for these feature, openwrt. In fact, I have justed packaged such a customized build of openwrt(ipv6+dropbear). It is pretty easy. I just use the 6to4 tunnel through 192.88.99.1 which surprising works with my ISP(and I believe many other ISP too).

However, you also lose a lot of the nice feature of ASUS(and the customized one by oleg which has even more).

Out of the box, ASUS is the most feature rich comparing with those from linksys etc. Just wish the guys behind openwrt use the ASUS firmware as a starting point rather than the linksys :-)

But what is now with the Asus AP?

Can somebody compile IPv6 Modules for it?

I just got this AP a couple of days and I'm just starting out with custom firmware stuff, but one of the things I really want to do is adding IPv6 support so I can replace the PC-based router I'm using atm with a nice silent box

Any successes (or failures) I'll post here...

I just made some success with IPv6 today.
    The kernel has IPv6 support and does some autoconfiguration on the interfaces.

The userland tools however have no support at all, so that's what I'm going to look at next.

And of course radvd needs to be in there, since it's quite usefull for IPv6. I'll keep you up to date!

Quote Originally Posted by phedny
    The userland tools however have no support at all, so that's what I'm going to look at next.
    I've been trying to make the userland configuration tools understand IPv6 (like ifconfig, ip from iproute2). But thing keep giving segmentation faults, and I guess the uClibc from ASUS is compiled without IPv6 support (not strange as-is, since the device doesn't have out-of-the-box IPv6 support), so to make it work, uClibc needs to be recompiled, which I'll be doing soon.

I've been trying to make the userland configuration tools understand IPv6 (like ifconfig, ip from iproute2). But thing keep giving segmentation faults, and I guess the uClibc from ASUS is compiled without IPv6 support (not strange as-is, since the device doesn't have out-of-the-box IPv6 support), so to make it work, uClibc needs to be recompiled, which I'll be doing soon.

Hi phendy

What time do you need to compile a working ipv6 fimeware??

I would test it

Quote Originally Posted by Holli
    Hi phendy

What time do you need to compile a working ipv6 fimeware??

I would test it
    Well, it should not take too much time, but I have been busy for the last couple of weeks. I cannot say anything when any version could be available, but I'll inform you on this forum

I found this too; I downloaded the source to uClibc and recompiled it with IPv6 support and it all started working ok. The only issue I had remaining was that the wl binary for tweaking the wireless parameters stopped working; I knocked up a quick hack that just sets the parameters I need though.

Dynamic IPv6 Tunnel

Is there any update Client for my WL500g to update my freenet6 tunnelendpoint?
    Or for any other Tunnelbroker?
    Last edited by alpha5; 25-07-2005 at 16:07.

Nothing???

Up!

Its actually for me too...
    Anybody can solve this task?

HOWTO: IPv6 6to4 support?

Hello!
    Is there a way to use IPv6 using 6to4, not a tunnel from sixxs?
    If I connest my computer direct to my modem, I automaticalli get a IPv6 Address and cna connect to IPv6 sites.
    Can I make this work with the router?
    Last edited by wary; 15-05-2008 at 20:05.

OK, I did it
    go to this site:
    http://6to4.version6.net/?show_op_sys=Linux&lang=en_GB

copy the first (which begins with ip tunnel add...) block of commands to your post-firewall file.
    In the Web Interface set the IPv6 local Settings to 2002:your IP in hex::1.
    So if your IP is 1.2.3.4 set it to 2002:0102:0304::1
    Set the netsize to 64 and the advertisements to yes!
    Last edited by wary; 15-05-2008 at 19:19.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast