Thread: ADSL speed problems

ADSL speed problems

Hi,

I'm experiencing some weird problems with the speed of my ADSL connection since I upgraded from 2MBit/s to 6MBit/s two months ago. Before that, the download speed was 200 to 250 KByte/s, but now its something between 160 and 200 KByte/s. After giving my provider a very hard time blaming them for the lack of speed I finally figured out that the wl-500g seems to be the cause for all the trouble. When plugging the DSL modem directly to a computer and connecting to the ISP the old-fashioned way I've got 650 to 700 KBytes/s!

So what is this? Why can't the wl cope with that kind of bandwidth? Has anyone experienced the same thing? Any hint would be highly appreciated.

the only thing I can tell you is that I have a 6MBit DSL line it works great. I've even tested then WAN port for higher speeds (cause I'll probably upgrade to 16MBit soon), and it seems capable of delivering 20MBit.

Maybe you have played with the bandwith management? My suggestion would be ... do a factory reset, flash Olegs latest firmware, factory reset again and set up only the most necessary things for now. Then test.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagle
    Maybe you have played with the bandwith management?
    As a matter of fact I did... Had the wondershaper script running with some old connection parameters. Almost forgot that. I'm so stupid, sorry for bothering you with this. And thanks for your help, anyway.