Thread: WL-HDD in client mode (wireless)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WL-HDD in client mode (wireless)

I want to share my WL-HDD over the lan. I want to connect it only with wireless (I have a router ZyXEL 660HW). Can someone tell me the correct configuration to do this with firmware version 1.2.3.9?

Thanks.

In its factory configuration, the WL-HDD should automatically connect to your wireless router unless you have MAC filtering or WEP encryption. If that is the case, then you need to connect it via cable so that you can enter the configuration menu and make the changes necessary to enable MAC access or WEP.

Once that is done it should connect without any problem.

WL-HDD in client mode (wireless)

Thanks sjdigital, I have no MAC filtering or WEP encryption. In attachment you can see my configuration.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think your problem might be that you have enabled MAC access control in the WL-HDD. But when using it as a wireless client you don't want this - it's really only applicable if you are using the device as an access point. So I suggest you try disabling MAC access control and see if that helps. I seem to recall that I discovered this the hard way myself!

Removed MAC access control in the WL-HDD. Nothing changes.
    HELP !!!!!

At the moment I am connected via Ethernet cable, but I've compared my configuration with yours and the only obvious differnce I see is that you have set AP mode to WDS only - mine has always been set at AP only and I have used it wirelessly in the past without any problem. So try changing that. Also try removing the MAC address from the Remote Bridge list as well.

You might also check via your router's configuration page that the Wl-HDD is getting an IP address. The problem may be with the router not providing a wireless IP address rather than with the Wl-HDD