Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR7 now 7g [Oleg]

Thanks Oleg for the new firmware, but i wanna ask you if its possible to do loadbalancing with the wl500g with two internetproviders?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by max2950 View Post
    Hi Oleg,

Again thank you for your great work ! I just upgraded my router and noticed that if i try to upgrade through wireless the router drops the connection. Is this by design?
    I was upgrading from 7e to 7f...

All went fine through cable connection....
    I have the same problem. Have you set a time restriction
    on wireless radio? Is NTP working?

3. Still my router out of nowhere when it's downloading 8 torrents or so. Resized my swapsize to 256 mb becouse the 60 mb's was too small..

The only other things that are running are the httpd server, stupid-ftpd and dropbear. Does anyone has a clue what it can be? Should I just stop downloading so many torrents?

[update]
    Reinstalled everything. Still wondering what it is as the only thing that could bring it down is enhanced-ctorrent. Mine is a premium btw.
    Last edited by Elect; 15-11-2006 at 08:43.

4. How can I turn the automounting off? I want my ipkg to use the /opt/tmp/ipkg folder, the rest is not writeable..

USB storage: ext3 fs mounted to /tmp/harddisk

Cool wish list

i have been looking around and carnt seem to find any firmwares for the WL-500g that have bandwith management that is IP based for uploading just like it is for downloading

is there any way that you could put this in?

i know port based is good BUT here in OZ all the main ISP's suck and only give us small U/L bandwith (i am on cable 10Mb down 128Kb up) and when the others in the house start any form of P2P the net stops i tryed to use the port shapeing but they just change the ports there useing and restart i dont mind them downloading but when it kills the connection because there is no U/L it sucks big time

i have allready set it up so there IP's are set from there MAC address so the IP shapeing would be grate

i know you do all of this work for free Oleg and it fantastic (been useing your firmware since you started doing it for wl500g) i amd i am sure that most of us here thank you grately

Adverse Effects

Hi Oleg,

thx for your great work - the firmware is running very well since 15 days - without reboot or reconfig ...

But i think, there is one little prob in dhcp:
    I'm using my clients with time to lease by 10800 - so the client should check dhcp every 3 h (= 3*60*60 =3*3600).
    But the client check it every 1h30min (=5400 =10800/2 = 1.5*3600)
    ... or I'm wrong ???
    cu

exdlinker

old: DI-624
    new: WL500gP

Bij me works NTp Fine with the 7f firmware. I think some setting is wrong in your router.
    Quote Originally Posted by avberk View Post
    Hi Oleg,

Just for the sake of it i tried to upgrade my wl500g (not de luxe) from 7e to 7f today.
    I have reset the wl500g twice after the firmware upgrade, but NTP doesn't seem to work anymore.
    The is no entry in the syslog file about ntp.
    i am pointing to nl.pool.ntp.org which used to work fine.

I have not downgraded to 7e yet. I hope you can help to get it going without downgrading.

How can i test NTP? are there any other logs i can look at?

update:
    -I flashed firmware 7f again. No improvement. still no sign of NTP
    I also did a factory reset several times (5 sec. reset on the back of the unit until power led started rapidly flashing)

-I have downgraded to 7e now. NTP works without problem with the old firmware.

Can i conclude there is a problem in the 7f firmware?

Red face

If check "No" in [IP Config]--> [LAN IP Setting] --> [Get IP automatically?]
    it would get failed in NTP client update. Comversely checking "yes", you could make NTP client working.... Maybe one kind of bug...

Quote Originally Posted by alien433 View Post
    Bij me works NTp Fine with the 7f firmware. I think some setting is wrong in your router.

after upgradeing to firmware -7f im having trouble to instal the network printer. trying to add printer in printer wizard and i got error: The printer name is invalid.
    printer worked fine in previous firmware. any comment?
    Last edited by sarekmaar; 05-12-2006 at 14:31.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleray View Post
    If check "No" in [IP Config]--> [LAN IP Setting] --> [Get IP automatically?]
    it would get failed in NTP client update. Comversely checking "yes", you could make NTP client working.... Maybe one kind of bug...
    I haven't tried that (nor will i) since i am indeed using
    a static IP address in AP mode
    I will stay with firmware 7e

&f is working very stable, no problems, even ntp is working bij me.

Quote Originally Posted by avberk View Post
    I haven't tried that (nor will i) since i am indeed using
    a static IP address in AP mode
    I will stay with firmware 7e
    If there's one linux / M$ server in front of AP mode of wl-500g, you could set static IP for wl-500g by dhcp service. and then surely set "No" in [Get IP Automaticaly get ] of [IP Config].

Good luck!!

URL Filter

I see in the ChangeLog that the "URL Filter" (page) is removed.

Is there still a way in version 7f to block URL's, or is this not possible anymore?

I want to use this firmware, have some issues with my present one, but need to block out certain URL's.

Regards,

Molski

It doesn't work in this firmware. Therefore it has been removed.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by alien433 View Post
    It doesn't work in this firmware. Therefore it has been removed.
    But is there another way to block certain URL's ?

Molski

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast