Quote Originally Posted by Rushke View Post
Time to corect myself: If I powercycle printer, it stops working... It seems I flipped power switch too fast & didn' reset printer. So - hotplug it is.

Fortunately, I can read Russian, because in Russian thread hotplugging is explained in detail. Mounted USB HDD ext3 partition on /opt, placed hotplug.sh, sihp1020.dl and usb_printerid on disc, modified post-mount & post-boot scripts, and MAGIC - printer is working!

... Untill first time I rebooted router without attached HDD...
Plugged in HDD - and no printing... My partition with hotplug, firmware & the rest is not mounted....

... Few hours later, after playing with post-mount, hotplug.sh etc. and a lot of reading later - solution: FSTAB ! Everything is working

... Few hours of reading later - flashfs on WL500g Premium is big enough to store firmware. Ouch!

Epilogue: Everything is working now & I had a lot of fun getting to it long way round

Thanks, Oleg & everybody else.

A.
I am not familiar with Linux, hotplug and fstab does not tell me too much. Can you help me how could I send the firmware to a HP1020. I have a 500gPremium with the original firmware and with an USB HDD. I have downloaded usb_printerid and sihp1020.dl to the HDD but I do not know where to put (which folder) these files and where to include the following command. chmod +x usb_printerid
./usb_printerid /dev/usb/lp0 | grep -q FWVER || cat sihp1020.dl > /dev/usb/lp0
I used only the web setup page of the router.
Do I need to update the firmware to Oleg's one first?

If you could support a such a "user" like me, I would appreciate your help.
Tx in advance.