Thread: Can't access WL-500gx

Unhappy Can't access WL-500gx

Hi all,

Seem to have killed my Wl-500g Deluxe playing around with various firmware updates, and I'm hoping there's a way to get it back!

Basically I can't get any response from the unit at all. Windows doesn't detect any wireless networks when it's switched on. On booting it normally the Power and Air lights are on constantly, as are lights for any ports (LAN or WAN) I plug a cable into.

I've tried getting into firmware restore mode, and while the lights do the right thing (Power light blinks on and off), I get no response on 192.168.1.1. I also tried letting my PC assign an APIPA and then using the Firmware restore tool, but both times I just get "Wating to connect to device" then "No wireless device in recovery mode found"

Any suggestions? I'd had the case open, so a warranty return probably won't work

Did you check if your PC really had a APIPA adress when the router was in restoration mode?

If you really have no luck, you can use the search function, there are some methods to re-animate a bricked device.

Yup, was an address in the 169. range. Tried again to check. Can't seem to get a ping out of the box no matter what I do - on the offchance (since I've seen it hang on like grim death to IPs before) I've also tried the subnet and IP it was on before the reset, but still no juice.

Checked out the debricking guides as well, and have now tried shorting pins 9 and 10 on the 29LV320 chip.

Thinking it may be time to send this one to the big router graveyard in the sky....

I have the exact same problem and don't know what to do now....