Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg]

Quote Originally Posted by oCe
    To get it work:

* disable DMZ (this was the reason it did not work at my place!)
    * enable webcam acces from WAN, I used port 7777
    * enable websetup from WAN, I used port 17005

finished... that works, no need for port-mappings for the webcam. I did portmappings for rdp, ident-server, web-server etc to my server-pc at home, which first was dealt with by DMZ. (easier)

still, I need to logon to the websetup, no anonymous webcam-viewing as of yet and no compression, unfortunately.
    could you confirm that this is working from another PC and another Connection too ?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

I can connect to my webcam from all pc's here at work (over 4 tested) without problems AND *trommelgeroffel* (=dutch, sorry) I have the webcam working from my webserver! Anonymous!!!

Please, don't hammer, but feel free to try and copy the code (ripped from the router): http://oce.homeip.net/external.html (might take a while to load the 'Bunny Online TM'-webcam' though.

The webserver runs on my server-pc at home, the active-x object runs on that webserver too (ripped from the wl-500g) and it connect STATICLY to my router (ip manually entered at every possible location in the html/script) to open the webcam-feed on the router. So basicly, the only thing the page opens from the router is the webcam-feed from port 7777, which is available to anyone.

(perhaps I can explain better in dutch, feel free to mail to oce at home dot nl)

-update; corrected a case-sensetive type-error in de html-page, should work correctly now My girlfriend tested it aswell, at her work; works like a charm
    Last edited by oCe; 11-05-2004 at 12:45.
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

Quote Originally Posted by oCe
    I can connect to my webcam from all pc's here at work (over 4 tested) without problems AND *trommelgeroffel* (=dutch, sorry) I have the webcam working from my webserver! Anonymous!!!

Please, don't hammer, but feel free to try and copy the code (ripped from the router): http://oce.homeip.net/external.html (might take a while to load the 'Bunny Online TM'-webcam' though.

The webserver runs on my server-pc at home, the active-x object runs on that webserver too (ripped from the wl-500g) and it connect STATICLY to my router (ip manually entered at every possible location in the html/script) to open the webcam-feed on the router. So basicly, the only thing the page opens from the router is the webcam-feed from port 7777, which is available to anyone.

(perhaps I can explain better in dutch, feel free to mail to oce at home dot nl)

-update; corrected a case-sensetive type-error in de html-page, should work correctly now My girlfriend tested it aswell, at her work; works like a charm
    nice, i'll try this at home. all ports except port 80 are blocked here..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    nice, i'll try this at home. all ports except port 80 are blocked here..
    ok, let me know if it works for you too; should work, tried several pc's / locations now; all work fine. (do not forget to allow active-x objects to be run) anyway, maybe this webcam-stuff should be moved to another topic? it's kinda offtopic now, since this is about 1.7.5.6CR3 (which performs like charm so far!)

i've shutdown my pc, but editted the html-page for streaming public anonymous webcam-viewing to be smaller; http://members.home.nl/oce/bunnycam/new.html you can see the result. (my rabbit on the webcam, might be hard to see at night though)

will post code / link to .cab if you can't find it in the .html and some explanation if required
    Last edited by oCe; 11-05-2004 at 22:58.

kernel patch

sorry for my ignorance, but how do i patch the kernel on my 500g router or where can i get this information?
    thanks

download the firmware, download links you can find in the beginning of this thread/topic, go to the websetup from your router. open the firmware-update tab, browse to the file you've downloaded (and unpacked/unzipped if needed), click upload/update, wait and finish!

re. kernel patch

thnks oCe, but i was trying to ask another thing, sorry.
    Maybe i put this way, is the Firmware v.1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg] include the last kernel patch avaiable for download ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    thnks oCe, but i was trying to ask another thing, sorry.
    Maybe i put this way, is the Firmware v.1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg] include the last kernel patch avaiable for download ?
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question, I thought you meant firmware, me bad Can't help you with this question.

Smile Thank You

Oleg, thanks a lot for the last firmware update! A really prof work , my Quickcam Pro 4000 works now on LAN and WAN.
    best regards
    bernd

Cool

Oleg, You are the King!

With this firmware, the wake-on-lan is working
    Maybe need some user friendly menu for wol (select MAC,and WakeUp)
    I'm not a Linux man, my knowledge is windows only, and I can just click

other:
    1. I have Chicony Twinklecam Pro Webcam with OV518+ chipset, and doesn't work. I check http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/cameras.html and http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/download.html#d518 . Your driver is good for it, but... I don't know..

2. PPPOE Relay: When I make a dialup PPPOE connection in XP, I can to connect to ISP via router and other user can use to NAT simultaneously????
    When yes, it doesn't work.

Tibor

PS.:
    evening details: Jan 1 01:00:23 WL500g user.warn klogd: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x5a9/0xa518) is not claimed by any active driver.
    Jan 1 01:00:34 WL500g user.warn klogd: ov511.c: Compression required with OV518...enabling
    Jan 1 01:00:35 WL500g user.err klogd: ov511.c: No decompressor available

WHY????

Jan 1 00:00:31 WL500g daemon.err pppoe[609]: retryloopindex=1
    Jan 1 00:00:31 WL500g daemon.err pppoe-relay[259]: PADO packet from 00:0d:66:73:50:1c on interface eth1 does not have Relay-Session-Id tag
    Jan 1 00:00:32 WL500g daemon.notice pppd[317]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/0
    Jan 1 00:00:32 WL500g daemon.err pppoe-relay[259]: PADS packet from 00:0d:66:73:50:1c on interface eth1 does not have Relay-Session-Id tag
    Last edited by mr_prof; 12-05-2004 at 18:46.

Added experimental client mode support (thanks to Technik for testing) - see Wireless page for current values. Please note what these stuff are only partially tested. In the client mode physical WAN port and WLAN roles are exchanged (i.e. WAN port becomes either LAN or DMZ depending on your settings). Please also note, what currently you can't change the operation mode using web interface! Instead you should change it using nvram commands:
    Code:
    # turn on sta mode (0 = ap, 1 = sta, 2 = wet)
    nvram set 13_x_ClientMode=1
    # If you need IBSS (Ad-hoc) mode add this also (0 = bss, 1 = ibss)
    nvram set 13_x_IBSS=1
    # commit settings
    nvram commit
    # reboot
    reboot
    ok i've been testing this, it works when i let it connect to my wl300 which uses wep128

when letting connecting it to another wl500g in wpa-psk aes mode it doesn't work anymore..

wl status gives this.. (should be good?!)
    SSID: "AAPg"
    Mode: Managed RSSI: -60 dBm noise: -94 dBm Channel: 11
    BSSID: 00:0C:6E:9A:A9:AA Capability: ESS WEP ShortSlot
    Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]

ifconfig gives some errors at eth2:
    eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:A6:9F:05:B5
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:511 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:1892
    TX packets:0 errors:31 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
    RX bytes:57743 (56.3 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    Interrupt:6 Base address:0x2000

and it seems that NAS is doing the aes job.. but i don't know which commands too feed to nas...

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    ok i've been testing this, it works when i let it connect to my wl300 which uses wep128

when letting connecting it to another wl500g in wpa-psk aes mode it doesn't work anymore..

wl status gives this.. (should be good?!)
    SSID: "AAPg"
    Mode: Managed RSSI: -60 dBm noise: -94 dBm Channel: 11
    BSSID: 00:0C:6E:9A:A9:AA Capability: ESS WEP ShortSlot
    Supported Rates: [ 1(b) 2(b) 5.5(b) 6 9 11(b) 12 18 24 36 48 54 ]
    Seems, your wl-500g is not in client mode now at least "Mode: Managed, Capability: ESS" looks like AP mode. But in other hand RSSI/noise has meaningfull values, just like in client mode. So, check the nvram settings for wl0_mode.
    Last edited by Oleg; 13-05-2004 at 07:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Seems, your wl-500g is not in client mode now at least "Mode: Managed, Capability: ESS" looks like AP mode. But in other hand RSSI/noise has meaningfull values, just like in client mode. So, check the nvram settings for wl0_mode.
    it looked to me also as AP mode, when hooking up as client to wl300 it gave the same results (i thought i was doing something wrong..) also rc.sta is running i believe it only runs when in client mode.

i have to confirm the wl0_mode value later this evening (this evening the other wl500g goes to it's new owner )

but it just looks like the AES/TKIP mode is not established. But the other wl500g shows it up as an associated station in it's list.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_prof
    2. PPPOE Relay: When I make a dialup PPPOE connection in XP, I can to connect to ISP via router and other user can use to NAT simultaneously????
    When yes, it doesn't work.
    ???
    evening details: Jan 1 01:00:23 WL500g user.warn klogd: usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x5a9/0xa518) is not claimed by any active driver.
    Jan 1 01:00:34 WL500g user.warn klogd: ov511.c: Compression required with OV518...enabling
    Jan 1 01:00:35 WL500g user.err klogd: ov511.c: No decompressor available
    Decompressors are not compiled into the kernel, I will try to add them.

USB 2.0 device working now!

Oleg,

I am confirming that the Apacer 256MB USB stick now works. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast