Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg]

Firmware v1.7.5.6 CR3 [Oleg]

Find downloadable files here:
    Firmware 1.7.5.6CR3
    Rootfs
    Sources
    Kernel Patch

New custom firmware and accompanying sources (10 MBytes) for building it, root if you need this and the kernel patch.

Differences with 1.7.5.6-2
    • Updated pwc (Philips webcams) kernel module to 8.12 version
    • Update ov511 kernel module to 1.65 version
    • Fixed errors in the ASUS modified printer.o to resolve problems with kernel oopses when printer is connected to the wl500g (thanks to ebakke for testing)
    • Fixed DynDNS wildcard support - thanks for Death
    • Replaced ntpclient with latest version & linked with uclibc, changed web interface appropriately. You can now specify symbolic (domain) name for the NTP server. But please note, what there is a feature/bug in the current firmware which is prevents pppoe/pptp autoconnect when symbolic name used.
    • Added an ability to change Administator name (based on files submited by Technik)
    • Fixed typos in rc.dnsmasq which prevents DNS & WINS servers to be sent to the clients (thanks to mdounin for findings)
    • Added experimental client mode support (thanks to Technik for testing) - see Wireless page for current values. Please note what these stuff are only partially tested. In the client mode physical WAN port and WLAN roles are exchanged (i.e. WAN port becomes either LAN or DMZ depending on your settings). Please also note, what currently you can't change the operation mode using web interface! Instead you should change it using nvram commands:
      Code:
      # turn on sta mode (0 = ap, 1 = sta, 2 = wet)
      nvram set 13_x_ClientMode=1
      # If you need IBSS (Ad-hoc) mode add this also (0 = bss, 1 = ibss)
      nvram set 13_x_IBSS=1
      # commit settings
      nvram commit
      # reboot
      reboot
    • Enabled log rotation, so your logs should not be bigger than 200K.
    • Changed firewall scripts. Telnet & ssh are no longer added to default firewall rules for the WAN access. You should instead use bootCmds for this in the way like this:
      Code:
      # start ssh
      nvram set bootCmd0=/init/rc.sshd
      # disable access to ftp from the WAN side (replace ppp0 with your WAN iface)
      nvram set bootCmd1="echo \"iptables -D INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp --syn --dport 21 -j ACCEPT\" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2"
      # enable to access to ssh server
      nvram set bootCmd2="echo \"iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 22 -j ACCEPT\" >> /var/tmp/pppoe_rule2"
      # execute iptables script
      nvram set bootCmd3=/var/tmp/pppoe_rule2
    • Flashed rootfs is now squash fs (the resultant image is now smaller than official firmwares)
    • Added access to 64k "config" partition in the flash (/dev/mtblock/4, /dev/mtd/4) for storing anything you need (use mtdutil for write/erase)
    • Busybox: added vi, tar, gzip, gunzip applets
    • Added ether-wake utility for wake-on-lan functinality
    Last edited by Antiloop; 11-05-2004 at 00:53.

nice nice
    thx again!

i'll upload those tonight as i'm @ work as usual

btw

Added an ability to change Administator name (based on files submited by Technik)
    that's the script i made(altered from passwordscript) just check the title of that page..

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

w00t that is one kickass update! sooo many new features.. lets see if my webcam sphere works!

Update: first time I had to use the firmware restore, router menu didn't come up after flash. Restored with version 3, no problems since. Logitech webcam sphere now works like a charm!
    Last edited by copycat; 10-05-2004 at 18:34.

Finally my WLAN works for more than 10 minutes .

Went from ASUS 1.7.5.6 to this CR3 version. Now printing on my Canon i320 works perfectly, while previously it would not. Up till now router is stable, no strange quirks found.

Good job!!

Ok, maybe a stupid question: am I supposed to see '1.7.5.6 CR3' as fiirmware version in the web-setup? And see version 8.12 in the webcam-driver option? I still see 1.7.5.6 as a version, still see 8.8 as webcam-driver version, but I do have a working telnet now. Don't see 'Oleg' anywhere, if it even is there. I've flashed through/with the web-setup, that's it; do I need to do something else / different? (I did reboot the device)
    -I am Jack's wasted life.

Quote Originally Posted by oCe
    Ok, maybe a stupid question: am I supposed to see '1.7.5.6 CR3' as fiirmware version in the web-setup? And see version 8.12 in the webcam-driver option? I still see 1.7.5.6 as a version, still see 8.8 as webcam-driver version, but I do have a working telnet now. Don't see 'Oleg' anywhere, if it even is there. I've flashed through/with the web-setup, that's it; do I need to do something else / different? (I did reboot the device)
    It's like a stealth. Driver version, showed in the web iface has nothing common with real version.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    It's like a stealth. Driver version, showed in the web iface has nothing common with real version.
    Ok thanks for your answer. Isn't it an idea to change the driver-version a bit, so it's easier to identify that your firmware is succesfully flashed in the WL-500g? And is it possible to update the visual side of the router, so it displays the correct version number of the driver for example?

Maybe not the correct place, but I have a request / problem: only picture-based mode of the webcam seems to work through WAN, the active-x streaming webcam function does not work through WAN. Both work perfectly on LAN. I'd like to watch streaming webcam from WAN (e.g. from work), also because streaming is in colour and preview is not. Second, is it possible to make the view-webcam-page non-password protected? So I could link to my router from my website, for webcam-viewers?

Furthermore, my compliments and much respect for the work you are doing. Keep it up!

oCe, when I connect to port 7777 on the external IP I get a sort of data-stream with a lot of characters and symbols, it seems like explorer doesn't know what type of stream it is. Do you have the same problem? I have my webcam port on the original 7777 and access from the outside with http://external.ip:7777

Quote Originally Posted by copycat
    oCe, when I connect to port 7777 on the external IP I get a sort of data-stream with a lot of characters and symbols, it seems like explorer doesn't know what type of stream it is. Do you have the same problem? I have my webcam port on the original 7777 and access from the outside with http://external.ip:7777
    Exactly the same problem I have. I have this from WAN and LAN, but if i go to the webcam-page in the web-setup from LAN I can view that stream (which opens that data-stream) through the active-x object from that page. From WAN that simply does not work.

try this for your webcam: use port 80 for WAN websetup, test it again

if it works i'll try to fix a workaround

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    nice nice
    that's the script i made(altered from passwordscript) just check the title of that page..
    Yess! No changes made to preserve your copyright Just the index page updated with additional sections as you adviced in some older thread. So any credits should definitely go to you...

Oleg, thanks a lot for so many useful firmware updates! A really GOOD work again!

try this for your webcam: use port 80 for WAN websetup, test it again

if it works i'll try to fix a workaround
    No succes. It does, however, is able to load the active-x script when the websetup is set to port 80. This doesn't work when the websetup is configured to port 3000 for exemple. (tried other too) So that's a start; but then it still gives me the 'cannot connect to server'. (port 7777 as it it standard, acces from WAN enabled)

Update; set the router back to it's 'original' websetup-port which I use and suddenly I can open the Active-X object from that port aswell; even after cleaning my IE-cache etc. But still Asus Netcam displays 'cannot connect to server' after starting the Active-X object. Weird.

Update2; from LAN I can go to my.router:7777 (in IE) and I get that text-datafeed, from WAN that doesn't work anymore either. Enable acces from WAN is YES, all firewall settings are disabled at the moment... any suggestions?

Update3; I've started an FTP-server on port 7777 on my pc, which has DMZ enabled and from WAN, the connection on 7777 goes directly to that PC! Not to the router, so that's why it can't connect to the webcam-feed from WAN... Hmmm... gonna try disable DMZ, see if that works...

Update4; it works!!! When I disabled DMZ I could open the webcam-feed from WAN again and now I have a streaming webcam-image; which displays my rabbit at home, finally in colour and reasonably smooth! So I'm going to do a lot of manual port-mappings.

So, my new question: the webcam images/feed is quite big and uncompressed; any way to add some sort of compression to the feed? So we could have an even smoother webcam image?
    Last edited by oCe; 11-05-2004 at 10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by oCe
    ----bladiebladielba----
    Update4; it works!!! When I disabled DMZ I could open the webcam-feed from WAN again and now I have a streaming webcam-image; which displays my rabbit at home, finally in colour and reasonably smooth! So I'm going to do a lot of manual port-mappings.

So, my new question: the webcam images/feed is quite big and uncompressed; any way to add some sort of compression to the feed? So we could have an even smoother webcam image?
    ok.. out of your post, i can't find how it exactly works for you

which port are you using for wan access etc..
    and what about the manual port-mappings ?

ok.. out of your post, i can't find how it exactly works for you

which port are you using for wan access etc..
    and what about the manual port-mappings ?
    To get it working:

* disable DMZ (this was the reason it did not work at my place!)
    * enable webcam acces from WAN, I used port 7777
    * enable websetup from WAN, I used port 17005

finished... that works, no need for port-mappings for the webcam. then just go to ip:17005, click on usb, click on webcam, click on preview. et voila, webcam, streaming, in colour.

I did portmappings for rdp, ident-server, web-server etc to my server-pc at home, which first was dealt with by DMZ. (easier)

still, I need to logon to the websetup, no anonymous webcam-viewing as of yet and no compression, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast