Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [uPnP] Problem with uPnP, adding forward: router stops forwarding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy I'm going crazy! Vista x64 and UPNP not working!

Hi all,

For the last couple of days I've been going completely crazy.
    UPNP just doesn't work under Vista Ultimate X64..
    I've tried disabling ipv6, didn't work.
    Tried original Asus firmware, didn't work.
    Tried disabling and enabling a lot of services, didn't work.
    I also did the Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool The strange thing is, sometime it passes the upnp test (it doesn't work though). Sometimes it doesn't pass the test. It never passes the NAT test though (Is this normal for WL-500g deluxe routers?). Even in XP it doesn't pass this part of the test...?
    UPNP works perfect in XP btw. But in Vista it just doesn't seem to work.
    I have upnptester.exe. It shows all details of the router in XP, but in Vista it says no upnp device found.
    MSN the same.. In XP it says "connected through a UPNP port restricted NAT" , in Vista it says "connected through a non-UPNP restricted NAT"

I've been searching on Google for days and I just couldn't find a solution.

Is the WL-500g Deluxe not compatible with Vista x64, or is it a setting on the router? (Did the factory reset)

Is there anyone that has upnp working under Vista Ultimate x64? Could you please let me know how you did that before I throw my PC out the window? :P.

The "network map" is not working as well btw.

UPnP problem in 1.9.2.7-9

Hi Oleg

I'm running 9.2.5 now. I have a problem with UPnP. Sometimes doesn't even load, sometimes load but it crashes when I try to open a port or some application is trying to open or close ports (emule, utorrent…). In system log is nothing that mention upnp. How would I check, what's causing these crashes? All settings were set manually (not loaded with configuration file). Router was reset to default settings before new firmware was putted on. After configuration it was unplugged from electricity.
    In 1.9.2.7-6b firmware, upnp was working very well and it didn't crash. In later firmwares were problems. I would like to use the last firmware, because it has some other features that I like. Is it possible to recompile 9.2.5 with upnp from 1.9.2.7-6b or it’s not so simple because there were changes in other parts of firmware which are related to upnp?

Has anyone else had similar problems with upnp in 1.9.2.7-9 or other releases?

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by dholliday; 10-04-2008 at 08:45.

so what now? which firmware is the latest for WL500g recommended?

uPnP ports remain open

I'm running 1.9.2.7-6b version, and recently found that when some application on my network opens a port on the Asus router using uPnP this port remains mapped, even after stopping the application and even reseting the router. Is there a easy way to close these ports opened through uPnP? I try to disable uPnP (the ports were closed), but enabling uPnP open those pots again even with no application asking. I only managed to keep the ports closed restoring the factory defaults. I need uPnP active because some 'devices' in my house need to use uPnP and they aren't configurable, but I don't want to have uPnP mappings permanent, specially for some mappings created by ad-hoc applications that destroy the statically configured mappings (i have a static port forwarding for the port 80 and some application is creating another mapping through uPnP also for the port 80 and the statically configured mapping stopped working).

Thanks for your help!

Fernando

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123