Thread: Client mode

Client mode

Hello,
    I just bought my very first wl-500g and upgraded it's firmaware with Oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b. What I want to do is to set the device to client mode so I can connect to a local isp by PPPoE. I connected my lan card with lan 1 port on asus and it is set to home gateway, wds mode...Also I cannot see where is the option to scan the area for other APs, maybe under status > wireless? I cannot see anything there...so what am I doing wrong-how to scan the area and how to set up my device to client mode?

Thanks in advance,
    antidot.

Quote Originally Posted by antidot
    Hello,
    I just bought my very first wl-500g and upgraded it's firmaware with Oleg's 1.9.2.7-6b. What I want to do is to set the device to client mode so I can connect to a local isp by PPPoE. I connected my lan card with lan 1 port on asus and it is set to home gateway, wds mode...Also I cannot see where is the option to scan the area for other APs, maybe under status > wireless? I cannot see anything there...so what am I doing wrong-how to scan the area and how to set up my device to client mode?

Thanks in advance,
    antidot.
    to search for local AP's, telnet into the router, and run:
    wl scan
    wl scanresults

>disable AP mode first, by running: wl ap 0

for client mode, look here:
    http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=2707&page=2
    Last edited by gwl; 26-07-2005 at 22:01.
    [ WL-500G | fw: 1.9.2.7-7f ]

Code:
    wl scan
    gives me :

Code:
    eth1: Operation not supported
    wtf is that about ?

And a :

Code:
    nvram get wl0_ifname
    does give me: eth1 so it IS eth1 that is the wlan...

I use Oleg 1.9.2.7-6b on a WL-500g Deluxe

macsat
    macsat
    http://www.macsat.com - Tutorials and information on using ASUS WL-500G and family.

Thank you very much.

Unhappy No SSID found in client mode

Hi,

I've just got a new WL500gx and I'm trying to connect as a client to my ISP netgear router. I've set bridge to "AP only", extended mode to "Ethernet bridge" and operation mode to "Home gateway", firmware 1.9.2.7-6b.

The problem is that wl scan and wlscanresults return immediately with nothing.

$ wl scan
    $ wl scanresults
    $

A laptop on the same spot connects to the netgear without problems. I have set radio power on wl500gx to all possible values but still nothing.

Maybe I'm missing something here. What else should I try?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Buld
    Hi,

I've just got a new WL500gx and I'm trying to connect as a client to my ISP netgear router. I've set bridge to "AP only", extended mode to "Ethernet bridge" and operation mode to "Home gateway", firmware 1.9.2.7-6b.

The problem is that wl scan and wlscanresults return immediately with nothing.

$ wl scan
    $ wl scanresults
    $

A laptop on the same spot connects to the netgear without problems. I have set radio power on wl500gx to all possible values but still nothing.

Maybe I'm missing something here. What else should I try?

Thanks in advance.
    repeat few times:
    Code:
    wl scan -t passive
    wl scanresults
    and set extended mode to 'Station'

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO