Thread: USB Soundkarte Volumeregler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USB Soundkarte Volumeregler

Hallo zusammen!

Ich würde gerne mein Creative X-Fi Wireless System (ein Receiver, mehrere Funk-Empfänger: http://www.amazon.de/Creative-Wirele.../dp/B000VA1XZA) am Asus WL500g Premium V2 nutzen...

Die Soundkarte wird auch soweit erkannt (nach insmod soundcore und insmod audio), daß ich sie mittels madplayer und auch mpd tönen lassen kann.

Jetzt würde ich gerne die integrierten Multimediatasten (vor/zurück, Lautstärkeknopf) nutzen - hat jemand einen Plan, wie das zu bewerkstelligen ist?

Nutzte die aktuelle OLEG, 2.4er Kernel oder 2.6er --> funktionieren beide (nur leider stürzt das WLAN beim 2.6er ab ).

Danke für Tip(p)s,
    pheidrias
    Last edited by pheidrias; 28-09-2011 at 08:22.

I will reply in English, if that is ok?

http://blog.myfenris.net/2007/12/02/...-usb-in-gutsy/
    Clearly you can see from the log this guy posted, that he used the xpad driver to make the buttons work

In this ubuntu how-to they explain how to obtain and compile the xpad driver. However, you can not follow this guide to get it working for our routers.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xbox360Controller

I can try to compile the module for you tonight when I'm home if you'd like
    These drivers are only for kernel 2.6

Is my German good enough to understand you have wifi interference on kernel 2.6?

Hi wpte!

You're very welcome to respond in english!

This compilation would be great! Also, if you could provide me with the make-related stuff, maybe I can do such compilations by myself, lateron?
    I'm on different Ubuntu-Flavors - this should be a good starting point ;-).

What about alsa? Isn't it supposed to work with alsa, only? I'm not sure, wether I got alsa up and running...using OSS at the moment...

And right: I have trouble using WLAN on 2.6 --> breaks down without any specific information (where would I find such information?)...is there any solution in sight? What do you mean by interference? Is it a physical problem?

Thanks a lot,
    pheidrias

PS: In Ubuntu I got the buttons partly working...

PPS: One general question: There are a lot of packages/instructions available dealing with other firmwares (openwrt, dd-wrt, ...) --> are the firmwares compatible to each other, so I can follow, e.g., some pulse-audio-instructions, given there?

What about alsa? Isn't it supposed to work with alsa, only? I'm not sure, wether I got alsa up and running...using OSS at the moment...
    I don't think it's required... well maybe for the volume knob, I don't know how it's build.

Do you want specifically the volume knob to work? Because that xpad driver is probably for the other buttons like next and pause.

It's indeed a good idea to try and make it work in ubuntu for a start. Then we can look at what we need to make it work on oleg

PPS: One general question: There are a lot of packages/instructions available dealing with other firmwares (openwrt, dd-wrt, ...) --> are the firmwares compatible to each other, so I can follow, e.g., some pulse-audio-instructions, given there?
    Yes, the same ipkg packages are available for all the firmwares. Do remember that some firmwares might be configured slightly different.
    For instance, in dd-wrt you have a seperate start and stop script for services (/opt/etc/init.d/* I mean)
    In the end all firmwares are forks from open-wrt, they usually implement the same patches, only some little things are configured slightly different.

And right: I have trouble using WLAN on 2.6 --> breaks down without any specific information (where would I find such information?)...is there any solution in sight? What do you mean by interference? Is it a physical problem?
    nah, I just thought I read interference on the word "stürzt". My German is not that good

I'm not sure how you switched between the two firmware versions.
    Did you copy the configuration file from the 2.4 firmware to the 2.6?
    My experience is that it may cause trouble.
    Are you also using a recent version of the 2.6 (rtn) firmware? back in the days wifi used to stop working now and then

Quote Originally Posted by wpte View Post
    I don't think it's required... well maybe for the volume knob, I don't know how it's build.

Do you want specifically the volume knob to work? Because that xpad driver is probably for the other buttons like next and pause..
    Nope - in fact, the volume knob has the lowest priority, as all receivers have their independent volume knobs. The fun part is, that every receiver comes with a remote control, allowing to stop/forward, which forwards the commands to the "master" unit, attached to the router. I hope, that this way I can control the mpd on the router just from the receivers in the other rooms...

It's indeed a good idea to try and make it work in ubuntu for a start. Then we can look at what we need to make it work on oleg
    Kind of problematic here...with Lubuntu 11.04, the sound output works fine, but the knob/buttons won't do anything. But maybe that's a specific problem of Lubuntu and/or my messed up alsa/pulseaudio-configuration...

In Ubuntu 9.10 (2.6.31-23-generic-pae), the soundcard is recognized (aplay -l, asoundconf list do list it), but doesn't appear in the mixer and that way can't be selected...
    However, speaker-test -D hw:1 -c 6 does yield sound!
    And: the volume-knob as well as the forward/pause/back buttons DO WORK !

I'm not sure, what there may be the problem...

nah, I just thought I read interference on the word "stürzt". My German is not that good

I'm not sure how you switched between the two firmware versions.
    Did you copy the configuration file from the 2.4 firmware to the 2.6?
    My experience is that it may cause trouble.
    Are you also using a recent version of the 2.6 (rtn) firmware? back in the days wifi used to stop working now and then
    I have this problem with the latest official rtn-firmware. Are the nigthlies improved?
    Installation happened via tftp-procedure and I followed the instructions of the "How to set up ..."-Tutorial - some things were still there, some had to be redone...is there a way of properly reinstalling? Is up-/downgrading via Webinterface recommded?

Thanks for helping,
    pheidrias

PS: "stürzt ab" means "breaks down".
    Inteference is quite the same - "Interferenz" or the verb "interferieren"
    Last edited by pheidrias; 29-09-2011 at 08:10.

Hello again!

I just tried an Ubuntu Live-CD (11.10 beta) and the soundcard works out-of-the-box - sound and buttons!

The problem is, that Ubuntu uses pulseaudio and I assume it to be responsible for a good working sound-system...

Any idea on how I should try to get it working on the ASUS?

Thanks,
    pheidria