I'm using a WL-500gP V2 with 188.8.131.52-d-r2624 custom firmware. My problem is: I cannot access the FTP server from the WAN (connection refused to port 21).
I read a lot of posts here in the forum about problem accessing the FTP server from the WAN, but with no luck.
First of all, my configuration:
- FTP server enabled
- FTP port 21
I can correctly access the FTP server from LAN, while I cannot from WAN: connection refused. Using port checking services like canyouseeme.org and checking port 21, it seems to be closed. Connecting to an external server (that is, a system I have access to which is outside of my LAN and which I connect to through the Internet) through SSH and trying a telnet to my router to port 21, I get a connection refused.
So, this is not a problem of FTP listing or such (as I read in some messages of this forum), but the service is not reachable at all.
Please note that with the original Asus firmware I could reach the FTP server from WAN with no problems.
- I do not have any exposed address in the Virtual DMZ: I read a post here saying that having an address there makes the FTP server unreachable from the WAN - that's not my case
- I enabled "Respond Ping Request from WAN?", since I read a message from Oleg saying that it's needed to access the FTP server from WAN
- I disabled the brute force protection for FTP Server, just to make sure it isn't interfering in my case
- I already tried to add some rules to my enabled virtual server, but with no luck... I tried all of the following, one by one:
- on the WAN side of my WL-500gP V2 I have another router, which is already redirecting ports 20 and 21 to the WL-500gP V2; as I already said, I had no problem with the original Asus firmware and also I have no problem if I redirect those ports to another device in my LAN (behing the WL-500gP V2) which is serving FTP; so it must be a problem in the WL-500gP V2 configuration, not in my WAN router
Port Range | Local IP | Local port | Protocol
20:21 | 127.0.0.1 | (empty) | TCP
20:21 | 192.168.1.1 (which is the LAN address of my WL-500gP V2) | (empty) | TCP
20:21 | 192.168.2.2 (which is the WAN address of my WL-500gP V2) | (empty) | TCP
Some diagnostic info from my router follows (see the first reply).
Any help would be really appreciated.