The new Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight Dual-Band Wireless Gaming Router is the next generation of Ultra-fast routers for lag-free Online Gaming and media streaming!
Featuring the latest Wireless Dual-Band technology, the Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight brings to the fore a new generation of super-fast connectivity with up to 450Mbps per band simultaneously,
it works in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, and supports up to a massive 300,000 concurrent data sessions! Approximately 20 times the capacity of mainstream routers!
Additionally the Four (4) Ethernet ports provide Gigabit connectivity and an additional USB port can be used to connect external USB devices such as printers or USB hard drives.
Optimal Wired, Wireless Speeds and Coverage
- Buil-in 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit switch for fast wired connectivity.
- Simultaneous dual-band performance prevents interference and offers an extra channel to ensure completion of all your bandwidth-intensive applications.
- With three spatial streams using MIMO technology, the Router achieves a maximum theoretical throughput of up to 450Mbps
(900Mbps combined) up to 50% faster in speed and 60% increase in range over standard 300Mbps wireless 802.11N.
- USB Share Port allows you to attach a USB storage device-such as an external hard drive, digital camera or USB flash drive
directly to the Router, giving any network-connected user access to documents, videos and photos on the storage drive.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup Button makes adding a new device to your network simple. Just press a button and your wireless device
will automatically receive your network security information and securely configure itself.
With an integrated Dual-Band 802.11n Wireless Access Point, the router delivers up to 6 times speeds and 3 times wireless coverage of an 802.11b/g network device.
It supports a data rates of up to 450 Mbps per stream and is also compatible with 802.11b/g equipment.
The Wireless Protected Access (WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK) and Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) features enhance the level of transmission security and access control over Wireless LAN.
The Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight also supports the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) standard, allowing users to establish a secure wireless network by simply pushing a button.
1GB of DDR2 RAM! Why?
Best of all, the Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight has a generous 1GB of RAM, another likely candidate for best in class. Why does this matter?
Because of how TCP/IP works, or in the case of small routers, doesn’t work. TCP/IP takes up a bit of memory for each open socket,
so the more you have open, the more memory you need. When a connection is released, the memory frees up slowly.
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n up to 450Mbps
- WAN x 1, LAN x 4 RJ45 10/100/1000 Base T
- 32MB flash and 1GB DDR2 RAM
- Asus EZ QoS
- Asus network map
- Asus Traffic Monitor
- Asus Dr Surf (Trouble Shooting)
- Port Forwarding (Virtual Server)
- DHCP Server
- Port Trigger
- UPnP AV
- STB Port
- Supports 64/128 bit WEP
- WPA-PSK, WPA-PSK2
- WPA Enterprise, WPA2 Enterprise
- Radius with IEEE 802.1
- WPS (WiFi protected setup)