KB2536276 and samba
I have a wl500gpV2 with firmware 220.127.116.11-d-r2624
and I have a samba share that recently stopped being
accessible form two windows XP machines.
Whenever I tried to browse my router's shared folders
I received Error 58 meaning that the server cannot
perform the requested command.
This happened both from explorer and usimg "net use ..."
from the command line.
I was still able to access the shares from my ubuntu pc.
I discovered this can be caused by a windows update:
By looking at
I was able to fix the issue with a simple trick:
I changed the workgroup of the wl500gpV2 from
"WL" to "WLoooooo", i.e., by making the workgroup
at least 8 characters long.
I hope this can be helpful to other oleg's firmware users
while the maintainers fing a bug fix.
Tags for this Thread