I recently switched from the original Asus firmware to the "enthusiast" Oleg firmware version 188.8.131.52-d-r2624, looking for more stability.
I followed the great tutorial at http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10307 and the router seems to work ok, but I have two problems.
1) first problem is that it seems not to route. I mean, this is my configuration:
- WAN connected to a modem/router, WAN address is 192.168.2.2 (static IP), default gateway is the modem (192.168.2.1)
- LAN IP address for the WL-500gP V2 is 192.168.1.1, DHCP enabled
- PC connected to the first port of the WL-500gP V2, using dynamically assigned IP address (thanks to the DHCP)
Now, the situation is the following:
- the PC is connected to the router, gets an IP (192.168.1.214), I can ping the router, log in to it using the web interface and SSH
- the router is connected to the Internet: it can see the modem (I can ping 192.168.2.1) and it can reach the outside world (I can ping www.google.it for instance)
However, from the PC I can neither reach the modem, nor the Internet. It seems like the WL-500gP V2 is not doing routing. With the original firmware, exact same configuration, I had no such problems.
This is the diagnostic output:
(please see the first reply)
2) the second problem is about wireless. I configured it with WPA2-Personal, AES encryption. With my netbook (which is using Windows XP) the situation is the following, if I broadcast the SSID, the netbook can see the wireless network. Then, if I try to connect it stays there for a while with the message "waiting for network to be available", then the message goes away and it seems like it is not connected to the wireless network (red cross on the icon in the system tray, "not connected" shown for my network in the list of the available wireless networks). However, the netbook gets an IP (192.168.1.6) and I can ping the WL-500gP V2 and use its web interface. Of course, I cannot see the modem or the Internet. So, it seems like the wireless network is in a "limbo" state.
Do you have any idea on how I can solve these problems?
Thanks in advance,