Thread: USB memory stick not available

USB memory stick not available

Hi,

I've got kinda weird problem: After removing my USB memory stick via "Force to Eject USB Disk" and plugging it in again a little while later, it is no longer available. For example there's no /dev/discs directory and thus no /tmp/harddisk. Could this be because I created a swap and ext partition on the memory stick? And what should I do to make the wl-500g aware of it again? Sorry for bothering you with this but it seems that no one else had a similiar problem so far in this forum... Thanks for your help anyway.

Hi again,

I finally figured out, that /dev/discs is only available when stupid-ftp is enabled in the usb application admin page. If it's not, there's no chance to mount any attached usb file storage device. Is this behavior considered "normal" or is there any chance to disable stupid-ftp? My intention is to get rid of stupid-ftp because I'm using dropbear in combination with a graphical scp client to do file transfer stuff from and to the box...

To the best of my understanding, at least on of the USB applications has to be activated via the web interface.
    You also could kill stupid-ftpd in post-boot of course.

frankd (owner of a WL-HDD)

Quote Originally Posted by hejira
    Hi again,

I finally figured out, that /dev/discs is only available when stupid-ftp is enabled in the usb application admin page. If it's not, there's no chance to mount any attached usb file storage device. Is this behavior considered "normal" or is there any chance to disable stupid-ftp? My intention is to get rid of stupid-ftp because I'm using dropbear in combination with a graphical scp client to do file transfer stuff from and to the box...
    Enable ftp, but disable all users (including anonymous and Admin). This way ftp will exit immediately.