Thread: WL500GP and Ralink WLAN card

WL500GP and Ralink WLAN card

I have a WL500GP running the latest firmware from the firmware project on googlecode.
    My ASUS M50vm works perfectly with this.

I bought an ASUS UX30 for my girlfriend which uses a Ralink tr3091 based WLAN card. Signal with his is very weak and connection drops permanently. Sometimes Windows shows a weak connection, sometimes limited connection. Surfing is not possible most of the time.
    But the card seems not to be broken. On another AP from Netgear the Notebook shows no prolem, connects at 270Mbit and has good throughput.

I already played around with all the settings on the ASUS router and tried different drivers for the Ralink card, but no real success. Is seems that there is a compatibility issue between the two devices. Another AP in the neighbourhood is shown with a stronger signal on the UX30, but with weaker signal on my M50vm.
    I set the WLAN channel so that it doesn't conflict with the up to 7 WLANs in the neighbourhood.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I read some articles that the Ralink chipsets are not working with all APs, but not seen a real solution.

F I X E D !!

The problem was related to the topic described in this thread: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...ght=r17&page=2
    Added the resistor and it worked ....
    Thanks to this forum!