Thread: Unable to use WL-500g anymore

Unable to use WL-500g anymore

When working on some stuff, I just uploaded a new firmware. This failed and the unit didn't want to boot anymore. So I brought it into firmware recovery mode (button-push and power-on).

Now the problem is, it won't accept firmwares anymore. When connecting to it from my Windows notebook, the ASUS tool stops with the message "Upload failes! Please check the connection".

Well, what is going wrong? And more important: how can I get it working again? I tried different cables, LAN ports on the unit, different firmwares...

FYI: the latest firmware I was trying to upload was a 1.9.2.7-5 one, with reiserfsprogs and ReiserFS kernel support. I can't believe that could be a problem.

does it even try to start the firmware restoration ?

standard question:
    did you set static ip? or automatic IP

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Hmm, I was just writing out what happens (Power LED activity and messages that appear in the Status frame of the ASUS tool). And for some reason it now accepts a firmware...

The only thing that's different is that the unit was waiting half an hour doing nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by phedny
    Hmm, I was just writing out what happens (Power LED activity and messages that appear in the Status frame of the ASUS tool). And for some reason it now accepts a firmware...

The only thing that's different is that the unit was waiting half an hour doing nothing...
    it's possible that if you did not use an static ip, it switched over to automatic ip or something while you started recovery

after that unit does not respond anymore till you turn it into restoration mode once again

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO