Thread: wireless card cannot connect to WL-500G

wireless card cannot connect to WL-500G

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out.

I am using the ASUS WL-500g router and at my laptop I am using the ASUS WL-107g card. I have set the router to use WPA-PSK with TKIP. The laptop can see the acces point and I can see the card is connecting. Aftera few seconds it looks like the connection succeded but a few seconds later the connection drops! I can see that the AIR-led on the router occasionaly blinks. I have uses several driver versions but non seems to solve the problem. I am now using 1.9.4.0. This version works fine for my wired network, but I realy also want to use accespoint!

Please help me...........

Change channel, ie ch11 (which works for me, I was very troubled with ch6)

Try WPA AES, then WEP/or no encryption, just to sort out possible problem.

And make sure Windows is all updated.
    Last edited by tonia; 19-05-2005 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by tonia
    Change channel, ie ch11 (which works for me, I was very troubled with ch6)

Try WPA AES, then WEP/or no encryption, just to sort out possible problem.

And make sure Windows is all updated.
    Thank you!!!! It seems that for me channel 13 is working properly. I had tried out almost every channel except 12 and 13..... Thanks a lot again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdn666
    Thank you!!!! It seems that for me channel 13 is working properly. I had tried out almost every channel except 12 and 13..... Thanks a lot again!!!
    I celebrated to soon! My connection seems to steady until I make use of the network as soon as I accces the network by browsing or access the internet, I will lose my connection!

Can anybody please help me?

I have a hell of a time trying to connect wirelessly to my AP. First it kind of worked with my Intell 2200BG and WPA-PSK/TKIP but suddenly everything stopped working (I was using the 1.9.2.7 firmware).

I tried to update/downgrade my firmware but I'm getting nowhere. Either my Intel 2200 connects to my AP but I get no packets or my wifi USB Asus WL-167g connects but get disconnected after like 5 seconds. TKIP, AES or TKIP+AES, that doesn't change a thing.

I didn't try all the channels yet to make sure that the problem revolves around it but I'll check that tonight.

Let's say I'm really pissed off at the moment with that router... Connecting using non WEP encryption is just hell. Period.

If some of you have good tips to avoid throwing my lovely AP through the window, I'll be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Libel
    I have a hell of a time trying to connect wirelessly to my AP. First it kind of worked with my Intell 2200BG and WPA-PSK/TKIP but suddenly everything stopped working (I was using the 1.9.2.7 firmware).
    Lot's of people have problems using the Intel 2200BG (part of Centrino platform) chipset and WPA. This is not so much a router problem as it is a driver problem on the Intel side.

Yes I'm aware of that but even with my USB wifi card I've the same issues...

Follow-up: well I just installed an old firmware (1.8.1.9) and everything looks to be working good... (WPA/PSK - TKIP with 8.x.x.x Intel's driver). I'll post later if everything keeps being stable.

Follow-up²: my connection is still up and running and I'm using WPA/PSK - AES now. Looks like - it's really silly - that the use of the letter "é" (French letter) in the passphrase was the cause of the problem I'll do more testing tomorrow to confirm this.

Final Follow-up: I upgraded my router with the last firmware (1.9.4.0) and everything's working fine (wirelessly speaking). I guess the use of "é" was definitely the problem.
    Last edited by Libel; 13-06-2005 at 14:52.