Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR5, updated: v1.9.2.7 CR5a [Oleg]

Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR5, updated: v1.9.2.7 CR5a [Oleg]

Well, there was some delay in the releasing this firmware version. I wa a bit busy with various stuff and finally I've tried to made it stable. So, here it goes. Ethernet port related crashes, which was since 1.9.2.7 should go away (wl500g only), also wireless module was updated to the latest from the 1.9.3.6 beta, which seems fixes some glitches found in the 1.9.2.7 firmwares.

Changes:
    • Used wireless module from the 1.9.3.6 beta, should improve stability
    • Rewrote ethernet driver "WAN port dies workaround" completely. This should fix random reboots caused by 1.9.2.7 firmwares
    • Fixed ppp never ending loop, caused by pressing Disconnect button
    • Connect and Disconnect button should work better now in the PPTP/PPPoE mode
    • Removed never ending ping done by firmware, notifying guys from Taiwan of your router, then you press Connect
    • Updated PPTP client to 1.6.0
    • Fixed "Idle 0" as well as probably other settings in the web interface which are allowing 0 to be specified
    • Add usb serial support to the kernel, included an updated pl2303 version (thanks to Rod Whitby for porting this to the current kernel)
    • Added chat ppp program
    • USB services are get started now even if NFS only is enabled (thanks to Rod Whitby for figuring this out)
    • Finally, WAN Hostname no longer prevents samba from working
    • WL500g Deluxe now supports MAC cloning
    • WL500g Deluxe with an updated bootloader now correctly enables WAN port in the AP mode
    • ASUS test program is no longer installed, so busybox version is now used
    • ipkg.sh should now correctly create /opt/tmp/ipkg
    • NFS max block size is now 32K (use with care)
    • Added codepages 860, 861, 865, 866, 869, cp1250, cp1251 (use usb_vfat_options to pass additional mount flags to mount)
    • Old upnp entries should not have any effect then upnp is disabled
    • Added new network type - MAN on the static routes page, should be used with PPTP/PPPoE connections to access internal networks
    • Changed maximum number of routes - 16 vs 6
    • Fixed a PATH problem in the telnet sessions
    • RAW printing is now bidirectional (used p910nd 0.7)
    • Afterburner setting is now accessible on the wl300g/wl500g/wlhdd units (enabled for the supported devices only). You still need to enable it in the hardware by executing wlan_update once in the telnet session/hidden page, this should also fix "range" problem
    • Added System Command page, which is well known as Hidden Admin Page
    • Added support for system shutdown - press RESTORE/RESET button until power led turns off completely and release it, your unit should go "down" in several seconds. Use halt from the command line to do the same.
    • Replaced /usr/local/sbin/ip-ip and ip-down with ip-up-script/ip-down-script ppp options
    • Added /usr/local/sbin/pre-shutdown script support - called before reboot/halt
    • Other usefull things

Uploaded updated firmware 1.9.2.7-5a, the changes are:
    • Fixed RAW printing bugs, switched to unidirectional transfers by default
    • Fixed support for the WPA-PSK in the Client Mode, thanks to miraculix for findings
    • Fixed ftp server bug, which prevented files to be uploaded to subdirectories
    • CET Timezone update by engy, added Czech Republic
    • Increased number of entries on the Bandwidth page up to 32, patch from engy
    • Added awk applet, applied mktime patch from engy
    • Applied timezones uClibc patch prepared by engy
    • Applied tomilius patches adding several new iptables targets
    • Updated WL500g Deluxe to use latest ethernet module, removed closed source binaries

Grab your free copy of new firmware, unzip it and flash to your router. As usual, be sure to visit my page if you've not done this yet.
    Last edited by Oleg; 12-05-2005 at 20:55.

Ah, great update! it looks like the problems i was having with -4 are now fixed.

Thank you so much.

What is the sequence between shutdown and reset settings? Can it be altered with the pre-shutdown script?

Thanks for this update Oleg.

Yes, it's nice . I have a slightly unrelated suggestion.. With the source, using "make clean" is really a pain because it fails. A couple of simple changes can stop it from having errors and make it work correctly, and it would be nice if they were included in the next source patch (so simple, please throw this in ).

cleanfix.patch:
    Code:
    diff -Naur gateway-old/etherwake/Makefile gateway/etherwake/Makefile
    --- gateway-old/etherwake/Makefile	2005-05-05 22:20:12.890000000 +0000
    +++ gateway/etherwake/Makefile	2005-05-05 22:19:22.880000000 +0000
    @@ -6,7 +6,7 @@
     	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o ether-wake ether-wake.c

clean:
    -	rm ether-wake
    +	rm -f ether-wake

install:
     	$(INSTALL) ether-wake $(DESTDIR)/usr/sbin
    diff -Naur gateway-old/upnp/Makefile gateway/upnp/Makefile
    --- gateway-old/upnp/Makefile	2005-05-05 22:20:04.660000000 +0000
    +++ gateway/upnp/Makefile	2005-05-05 22:19:43.000000000 +0000
    @@ -25,7 +25,7 @@

clean:
     	$(MAKE) -C $(UPNP) clean
    -	rm -f upnp
    +	rm -f $(UPNP)/upnp

upnp: FORCE
     	$(MAKE) -C $(UPNP) DEBUG=$(DEBUG) SRCBASE=$(SRCBASE) TOP=$(TOP) TARGET_PREFIX=$(CROSS_COMPILE)
    Last edited by tomilius; 06-05-2005 at 00:27.

New syslog warning?

Thanks oleg!
    I realy appreciate being able to use latest intel wi-fi driver (9.x) for my centrino. It seems to be stable with your CR5 release!

One question:

What is this message that I have in system log:
    Code:
    May  6 00:32:53 kernel: et1: rx stuck suspected
    First time that I see these one... without changing any config!

Quote Originally Posted by Spot
    Thanks oleg!
    I realy appreciate being able to use latest intel wi-fi driver (9.x) for my centrino. It seems to be stable with your CR5 release!

One question:

Code:
    I've noticed this as well

but et1 is the WAN port so most logical is that this is a message that it 'recovered' the WAN port from dying

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    I've noticed this as well

but et1 is the WAN port so most logical is that this is a message that it 'recovered' the WAN port from dying

So... nothing to do with possible bad cable type on wan port?

Quote Originally Posted by Spot
    Thanks oleg!

One question:

Code:
    Yes, this is WAN port dies workaround. It just get activated, but it does not mean, that you've any problems. As log says "suspected" - there is no reliable way to determine this. Anyway, I will remove this output (thought that I've done this).

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    What is the sequence between shutdown and reset settings? Can it be altered with the pre-shutdown script?
    pre-shutdown is get called after decision has been made.
    As for sequence.
    Then you initially press button, there is a 3 second delay before anything gets activated. Once this 3 seconds interval elapses, the power led should start blinking for 5 seconds indicating, that restore to defaults would occur if you release the button. Once this 5 seconds interval elapses, power led will turn off for 5 seconds completely indicating, that it you release the button the device would go down. If you did not release a button, the things will start over - i.e. 3 seconds of nothing, then 5 seconds restore, then 5 seconds down, etc.

lzma.zip seems to contains the dos .exe version of lzma api.
    Is this ok ?

Quote Originally Posted by tomilius
    Yes, it's nice . I have a slightly unrelated suggestion.. With the source, using "make clean" is really a pain because it fails. A couple of simple changes can stop it from having errors and make it work correctly, and it would be nice if they were included in the next source patch (so simple, please throw this in ).
    Ok, will do.

Is this the ASUS supported firmware?

I'm a bit confused. Is this version 1.9.2.7 the same as the one downloadable in asus site? The version number is the same...

It's custom firmware based off of ASUS' GPL source for 1.9.2.7. It's the 5th custom revision (CR5).

Quote Originally Posted by jojobach
    I'm a bit confused. Is this version 1.9.2.7 the same as the one downloadable in asus site? The version number is the same...
    you put the wrong file...

if you put this file, that are show to download you see in
    System Setup -> Firmware Upgrade
    Firmware Release: 1.9.2.7-5
    Home Page
    Marco Sousa from PORTUGAL
    [ WL-500g - fw: 1.9.2.7-7e [Oleg] | WL-500gP - fw: 1.9.2.7-7f-USB-1.63 [Oleg&koppel.cz] ]

will this firmware work with 2 bridged 500g in WDS using WPA?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast