Thread: problems accessing files on HD from a blue ray player with network access

problems accessing files on HD from a blue ray player with network access

Hi all, i'm writing to try to fix a small problem. I've an HD connected to the wl500gp, formatted according to Wengi tutorial some years ago. I'm using it with transmission (always folowing wengi tutorial). This sistem worked perfectly for a couple of years..Now i've bought a Blue Ray player with wi-fi network access (LG BD390). After configuring wireless access to ASUS router, i can see two folders on HD, one of which has all the files downloaded with torrent (movies and music) and pictures; but when i try to open these files the LD gives an error (impossible to play). This happens with Oleg firmware (last version). This same files, copied to PC in shared folders, are played perfectly on LG. The last thing i tryed was to go back to original firmware and everything is working fine: i can see the same folders but when i open a movie with LG it works fine. Go back to Oleg firmware and it doesn' work!
    I must also say that in this last week i had also problems with asus power supply (a very common problem as i discovered in this forum!!!)and for some reason i cant access any more to transmission web page (with Oleg firmware of course..). So my next step will be to format again the HD and install again transmission, but i'm not sure if i will solve my original problem..Thank you for your help

hi again, i'm looking for some help...i installed the last firmware version of Oleg, formatted again the HD (following wengi tutorial), installed transmission and using the samba from web page. Again a can see the folders in the HD from my LG BD 390 but i can't open the files that are inside.. If i go back to the original asus firmware i can see the folders and open the files! Can you tell me if there is a different way to share the HD content in the network?

Hi,

which firmware (exactly) did you use?
    I recommend the new ily (google) firmware if available for your hardware.

wengi
    Übersicht aller HowTos --- HowTo Overview (mostly german)
    WL-HDD mit diesem Setup. --- WL-HDD with this setup.
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by wengi View Post
    Hi,

which firmware (exactly) did you use?
    I recommend the new ily (google) firmware if available for your hardware.

wengi
    Thank's for your answer (and for your tutorial..) I'm using this firmware WL500gp-1.9.2.7-d-r1087. The strange thing is that with the original asus fw WL500gp_1.9.7.7_TW the files are correctly shared..I must look for ily firmware for wl500gp? Thank you

You have the newest firmware...

This seems to be a samba issue (assuming you use samba for sharing).
    No ideas except updating the firmware of the player ...

wengi
    Kein Support per PM - Frage im jeweiligen Thread! --- No support via pm - ask in the according thread!
    Eine wirklich gute Idee erkennt man daran, dass ihre Verwirklichung von vorne herein ausgeschlossen erscheint. (Albert Einstein)

I solved the issue installing MEDIATOMB, a program that create a server UPnP with DLNA support. In this manner i put in share the folder "download" of Transmission and the files are correctly opened from the Network blue ray player

You did not solve the problem, but found a (even better) work around.
    Nice that it works for you

wengi