Asus WL700G dead?

I think my device is dead:
    • no response on the powerbutton
    • only the IDE light is on
    • no response on any button

no response at all!

Is it dead?

w.k.r. Brian

It works again, just pushed all buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
    Last edited by bmonninkhof; 27-12-2009 at 20:42.

my asus tnut died after
    Code:
    nvram set sdram_init=0x0008
    nvram set sdram_ncdl=0
    nvram commit
    reboot
    I clicked reset the ordered 30 .. 30 30 s but not change the light bulb I loaded pin 12 of flash anything

nobody can help me?
    Last edited by gobi2000; 03-05-2010 at 15:26.

Not rerponde for any comad it's down hdd not work the power led it's off dont power on wili be dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohlendach View Post
    What do you think? I have not found it to be recommended in the English forum.

To do a 30-30-30 reset you must push the reset button with your router powered on. Hold it for 30 seconds with the router powered on. STILL holding it, pull the power cord for 30 seconds. Still holding it, plug the router back in and continue to hold the reset button for 30 more seconds. You will have held the button for a full 90 seconds without releasing it.
    please help me I've done this but I have no sign of the router
    I can not send the original image by TFTP he did not respond
    HDD shows no sign

please help me
    Thanks in advance

Power supply dead

My Router just died :-( Looks like the power supply has gone as there are no lights on the device at all but the lead has voltage.

I'm struggling to get the data off the drive. I've got the drive in a USB caddy and plugged into my winXP desktop. I'm not a linux guy and don't know my way round the OS.

I've loaded Total commander with the reiserFS plugins and can see the drive with it but not any data.

I've got a Suse Linux OS running in a virtual device but cant see the device under that.

I've used ONtrack recovery which is recovery data in the RAW format but it's sequentially numbering files with the same extension which is going to be a nightmare with 250gb of files to sort through. Esp the Exe files :-S

I'm watching another wl700ge on Ebay right now. If I swap the drives will it just see the drive as it did on this one or will it attempt to reformat the "new" drive it sees ?

Any help in resolving this would be great. My backup drive died 3 weeks back and If I cant get my data back then I've lost 6 years of family photo's

You can put the hard drive into another box and it will not erase your disk. Even re-flashing standard ASUS firmware 1.0.7.8 will keep data.

Have a look at this site http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10198.

I have used this in the early days to make sure I could retrieve my data.

You just need to run Linux (i used Ubumtu) on your windows machine via a CD, loading system temporarily.

I have 2 of these wl700ge's - great little units.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by seemack View Post
    You can put the hard drive into another box and it will not erase your disk. Even re-flashing standard ASUS firmware 1.0.7.8 will keep data.

Have a look at this site http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=10198.

I have used this in the early days to make sure I could retrieve my data.

You just need to run Linux (i used Ubumtu) on your windows machine via a CD, loading system temporarily.

I have 2 of these wl700ge's - great little units.

Hope this helps
    Yeah thanks that does give me peace of mind knowing it wont initialise the disk. I just got one from ebay so hoping that will sort it out.

I have no idea about Linux though I am techy. I loaded Suse Linux into a virtual machine on my PC but couldn't see the drive at all I wondered if this was because it was connected via a USB caddy. The case is cable for Sata and has no IDE so it was the only way to connect it.

Thanks for the reassurance.

I have done this on Ubumtu several times without any problems. But I have always had an IDE connector in the motherboard. USB however should still show up with the "fdisk -l" command.
    The disk will be seen by the disk size being shown.

WL-700gE dead or I don't know what else?!?!?!

Hi guys..I'm new one here, but it doesn't make any differrence

I have wl-700ge router and a BIG problem...I can't turn it on any more..no lights no nothing.
    It was working fine and just one day........dead

I've checked its PSU and it's ok..tried with another psu but still nothing..
    Tried with tftp, 0 scores

The only thing I haven't tried is JTAG since I really don't know where are these pins..
    Can someone please help me and tell me what else can I do?!

many thanks

I had similar problem. The internet provider's hub crashed so there was no net, and they said won't be fixed in short time, so I turned off WL700gE for the night (it is on almost 365/24) and in the morning it wouldn't turn on. But in the end it turned out to be power supply. I had it repaired and it works now. If it is not PSU (or HD), then there's not much you can do

HDD not starting up preventing wl700gE to startup

I have had one of my three wl700gE's die recently and it had not lights in - occasionally the ready or hdd light would have a faint flicker as it was cycling through the start up routine.
    Power supply was good however taking the hdd out allowed it to boot up.
    Tried another wl700gE hdd and the same problem.
    I was able to start it up by giving the hdd power from a running computer with the IDE connected to the faulty wl700ge and it booted up without a problem.
    So the issue is the power to the hdd - so there is an issue between the power supply and the hdd power connectors on the motherboard and power cable was ok.
    I have changes the 2 capacitors near the hdd power plug on the motherboard without any change.
    Looks like I have now lost my spare wl700gE.