Thread: Two lines - split access

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Two lines - split access

Hello,

I have two routers in my net: 1.2.3.4 and 5.6.7.8. I want to connect them both to wl500g and set up a split access to route all traffic through the router the incoming traffic comes in. It means that if the traffic comes in through 1.2.3.4 the response should go out through 1.2.3.4. I tried with ip route but with no success. Could you know a working sollution -what firmware should I use and how to configure wl500g? Should I connect my routers to wl500g via switch to WAN port? How to set up mulithome on WAN port? Could I connect one router (let's say default) to WAN and second to LANx?

Greetings,
    michal

Quote Originally Posted by bwana_zulu
    Hello,

I have two routers in my net: 1.2.3.4 and 5.6.7.8. I want to connect them both to wl500g and set up a split access to route all traffic through the router the incoming traffic comes in. It means that if the traffic comes in through 1.2.3.4 the response should go out through 1.2.3.4. I tried with ip route but with no success. Could you know a working sollution -what firmware should I use and how to configure wl500g? Should I connect my routers to wl500g via switch to WAN port? How to set up mulithome on WAN port? Could I connect one router (let's say default) to WAN and second to LANx?

Greetings,
    michal
    Never tried this with wl500g, but it worked fine on one of my linux boxes - you just need to use policy routing and route based on the source address.
    This is just an example (you need configure IP alias for the WAN interface first):
    Code:
    ip route add table 101 via WAN1_GW
    ip route add table 102 via WAN2_GW
    ip rule add from WAN1_IP table 101
    ip rule add from WAN2_IP table 102

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Never tried this with wl500g, but it worked fine on one of my linux boxes - you just need to use policy routing and route based on the source address.
    This is just an example (you need configure IP alias for the WAN interface first):

It may appear to be straight forward but as far as wl500g even right to upto 1.9.2.7-4 is concerned, various kernel options have not been turned on. So it is really pretty far away from usable. The kernel will be first need to recompiled, eg CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER and other associated config options will need to be turn on.

Cheers.

hm

also see my 'old' network layout

http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=3499&postcount=1

both routers sit in the same network, meaning 1 network and 2 gateways with 1 standard gateway

the wl500g has static routes (configurable via the websetup) to route everything which should go via 'INTERNET 2' line

beware that this requires some basic or more advanced network knowledge

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    Code:
    Hello,

Hehe on linux box it is easy but what about wl500g? How to set up multihome to be able to see two gws in separate networks from one WAN port?

Greetings,
    Michal

this is also linux box. just add an alias.