Hi,

I recently bought a 2-bay USB HDD enclosure that I was using on a windows PC as a raid-1 device. I've now reconfigured it so that the drives are separate (WD 500GB Eco-green).

Connecting this to linux/windows or os/x shows both drives as separate now, and I can re-partition them and format them in those environments.

When I connect the enclosure to the wl700ge however, only one of the drives is available to be formatted and mounted by the firmware web page.

I've tried to take a look via a terminal session with no luck (commands to manipulate the disks seem to elude me).

I thought the wl700ge used ext3 partitions, but it seems to be using something called ReiserFS.

Currently, I have two USB drives connected on the back of the wl700ge. One is an 80G for backups, and the other is the dual bay enclosure.

Is there some limit on the number of drives I can connect? If I remove the 80G drive, will the second 500G drive in the other enclosure become visible?

Do I need a newer version of some usb library/package?

Any help would be appreciated. I love the wl700ge; it's a great little box, and it's amazing just how much you can get it to do.

Thanks

eznet