Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COUNTERFEIT: ASUS WL-500G-SE SPECIAL EDITION WIRELESS POWER ROUTER

COUNTERFEIT: ASUS WL-500G-SE SPECIAL EDITION WIRELESS POWER ROUTER

Hey ho,

is this a new Asus Router???
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...sPageName=WDVW
    The text is in german.

It looks like the Asus Wl 500g (1xUSB, 1x LPT) but has some features more than the Asus Wl 500g Deluxe.

Does anybody knows something about this Router???

Saui17

Hi,
    sorry but, I only know german words for that..

Das ist imo eine kriminelle Abzockmethode! Das ist ein ganz normaler Asus WL-500g der neu fuer <80 Euro zu bekommen ist und dieser Spinner versucht mit der Oleg Firmware Kasse zu machen!! Wir sollten potentielle Ebay-Kunden warnen und Asus informieren!

I don't know if this is allowed what they do, but I hope Asus or we can do anything against that...Asus/Mitbewerber/??? sollten diesen Spinner sofort 'abmahnen' und diese Auktion bei Ebay stoppen!

cu,
    peter
    Last edited by petgun; 14-04-2005 at 18:20.

Well, it looks like it is a normal WL-500g with the firmware upgraded with a custom firmware from Oleg.

The fact that they upgrade the firmware and resell those things is probably not a crime, but they should say so IMHO. Also Asus is probably not giving you any warranty on the router anymore and I also think that those guys aint giving it either.

Conclusion: Don't buy this thing.

If you want the same functionality just buy a stock WL-500g from a well respected shop in your neighborhood and upload your a custom firmware yourself. It should be much cheaper and you've probably got warranty from the shop even if you installed a non-stock firmware.

I'm wonder if they ship sources on the CD. If they does not, then it's a good idea to report this to Free Software Foundation. Also, using "ASUS" to identify this product is illegal, as it's not supported by ASUS.

hi,
    I 100% agree with you! For me it's absolutely criminal!
    ..sorry for german words...

Es ist fuer mich ein glatter _Betrug_...der Verkaeufer versucht ganz klar den Anschein zu erwecken dass es sich um ein offizielles Asus Produkt zu einem 'Sonderpreis' handelt und verschweigt uA. die fehlende/erloschene Garantie. Das macht er gewerbsmaessig und systematisch auch mit anderen Produkten zB. LinkSys WRT 54G.
    Ich empfinde das als eine arglistige Taeuschung wobei auch das Renomee der Marken Asus/Linksys/usw. leiden koennte und hoffe Asus/Linksys liest hier mit und legt diesem findigen PowerSeller ganz schnell das Handwerk.
    Eine saftige Abmahnung ist in jedem Fall faellig...wenn ich pers. auf diesen _Schwindel_ reingefallen waere, haette ich den Knaben sofort wegen Betrug angezeigt! Altkunden wuerde ich empfehlen umgehend den ergaunerten erheblichen Mehrbetrag zum Normalpreis zurueckzufordern.

Ich werde die Aktion bei EBay verfolgen und wenn innerhalb der naechsten Woche nichts passiert, werde ich die angesprochenen Firmen und auch die Computerzeitschrift ct (vorsicht Kunde) informieren.

cu,
    peter

I found this one here with tehe help of google. in this Onlöine shop they have an wl 500g and also an wl 500g se.

http://www.sunshinecomputers.com.au/...219&field2=510

But I cannot find this product on a Asus Website.

the difference in price is quite substantional ($89)

it's probably the 500gx. Maybe its been renamed for the Australian market. Maybe its the store attempt to make more money, by calling it SE (special edition or second edition)

who knows

Sorry about the german:

Ich hab den Router auch schon entdeckt, und ich hab auch eBay drauf hingewiesen. eBay hat aber nicht reagiert!
    Ich habe auch schon dem Verkäufer geschrieben, dass es nicht rechtens ist, was er da macht, aber auch keine Antwort darauf.

Bloß die Finger von dem Ding lassen.

So, do something!
    WL-500gP => 1.9.2.7-7g (2007-04-06)
    Running: thttpd, php 5.1, vsftp, rrdtool

http://onlinefussballmanager.de/userbar/0/53647.png

Quote Originally Posted by britnet
    Bloß die Finger von dem Ding lassen.
    der Type hat die gleiche Masche beim Linksys http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...768386382&rd=1 auch 139 Euro :-( Ich habe an Asus und auch an Linksys geschreiben...keine Reaktion bisher :-(

I Suggest that everyone sends in a complaint using the Ebay site to ebay, perhaps when they receive enough they will consider removing it as the seller is trying to sell a product that never has been sold by Asus and this is misleading for the customer who is willing to buy it.

edit:
    I have requested more information from Asus Sales dept. on this matter, hope to have an answer in a few days.
    Last edited by Antiloop; 18-04-2005 at 16:12.

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

first reaction from asus is this model does NOT exist, we think it is the WL500g Deluxe but named WL-500g-SE for some reasons

looking at the specs at the ebay page, it is an WL500g with a custom firmware as we already knew

waiting for definitive answers

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

'802-wireless' is still selling http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...768861420&rd=1 :-(

ok.. I've bought the model at ebay, and now I discovered this model is fake and does not exist so I refuse to complete the sale of it

Quote Originally Posted by Antiloop
    ok.. I've bought the model at ebay, and now I discovered this model is fake and does not exist so I refuse to complete the sale of it
    why did you do that? Did you really expect a new unknown official ASUS-Model? You now have to wait to get back the money and I hope you'll get it. I don't understand ASUS..something like that is not good for renomee in my opinion...

there is a way to make people listen at ebay, and that is to buy the product give a negative feedback to the seller as he refused to respond at my and your emails..

ofcourse I have not paid the devices, and never will as he or she is the one who is responsible for the description

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast