Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webcam motion detection

Question Creative Webcam III - motion detection

Is anybody using that device with WL-500b/g? The camera is working for me but I am not able to get any pictures sent by e-mail. The motion detection does not seem to be working - the router does not try to connect the SMTP server at all. I would appreciate if somebody could put the working Security Mode Setting here... I have the SMTP server running at LAN address 192.168.1.2, router's address is default - 192.168.1.1. I am able to send an e-mail from WL-500b by sendmail application manually.

What is also strange to me - the RCAMD application is present 3 times in memory - I wonder if this is normal or not...

And another problem is that Webcam is not properly initialized after the router reboot in most cases. Usually I have to unplug it and plug to router again to get the Webcam working...

Any comment / advice is welcome...

PID Uid VmSize Stat Command
    1 0 1864 S init
    2 0 S [keventd]
    3 0 S [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
    4 0 S [kswapd]
    5 0 S [bdflush]
    6 0 S [kupdated]
    7 0 S [mtdblockd]
    211 0 1840 S syslogd -m 0 -O /etc/linuxigd/syslog.log -t MET-1ME
    215 0 1840 S klogd
    288 0 1480 S udhcpc -i eth1 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /usr/share
    324 0 1544 S httpd
    342 0 1456 S /sbin/dproxy -c /etc/dproxy.conf
    372 0 S [khubd]
    440 0 1592 S /sbin/lpd
    441 0 1448 S /sbin/infosvr br0
    444 0 1860 S /bin/sh /init/rc.watchdog ROUTER
    445 0 1868 S /bin/sh /init/upnpserver eth1
    456 0 2456 S upnp -D -L br0 -W eth1
    467 0 1448 S /usr/sbin/watchdog 30 192.168.1.2 MET-1METDST 11111
    491 0 6448 S /usr/sbin/rcamd -m 100 -c 100 -f 320x240 -p 7777 -s
    492 0 6448 S /usr/sbin/rcamd -m 100 -c 100 -f 320x240 -p 7777 -s
    493 0 6448 S /usr/sbin/rcamd -m 100 -c 100 -f 320x240 -p 7777 -s
    537 0 1840 S sleep 30s
    541 0 1844 S sh -c ps > /etc/linuxigd/syscmd.log

542 0 1844 R ps

strange behaviour,

note: i have not tested my webcam yet with the new firmware 1.6.5.3

with the old firmware my webcam was initialized correctly, but the motion detection was not working correctly because of the noise it produces and thinking that there was a movement.. (so i was spammed deadly with my own webcam pics)

i'm using a philips webcam vesta pro 680k

reply from asus few weeks ago (firmware 1.6.4.8)
    Dear Sir,

Sorry for my late reply.

For webcam alert: I think it may because of the noisy signal from Web camera.

We tested it and found that the quality of QuickCam Express 4000 is quick good for monitoring. And Philip's WebCam used on WL500g/b with some noisy frame and result in mis-judgment for mail alerting function. So please try another WEB cam to have test.

As for Virtual Server, from the setting you gave, it should be okey. But this function should work after setting and restarting. It never work when only adding into list but not restarting the device. So please restart WL-500g once you make any new configuration.

If any, please advise.

Best Regards,

Sebastian.

Well, thanks for your reply, Antiloop. So my understanding is that only one RCAMD should be present in memory (when I tried to kill some copy of RCAMD, all three were killed...). And the bad initialization of WebCam III is probably the reason why the monitoring function does not work... The behaviour was exactly the same with firmware 1.6.4.6. Now I am running 1.6.5.3. Hopefully the next firmware version could work a bit better with my WebCam...

Question Webcam motion detection

I'm using the Philips USB PC Camera PCVC680K (Vesta Pro)
    this one works alright with ASUS WL-500g.

One strange item is that the router blocks outgoing traffic, (HTTP, POP3, SMTP, P2P, Real Audio, etc.) everytime the webcam is activated (light is on)- motion detection in progress.
    After a few seconds when motion detection stops everything is back alright.

This repeats continuously as long as the webcam is connected and the option 'Enable Security Mode? YesNo' is Yes

Anyone experience with this????

Re: Webcam motion detection

Originally posted by GiGi
    I'm using the Philips USB PC Camera PCVC680K (Vesta Pro)
    this one works alright with ASUS WL-500g.

One strange item is that the router blocks outgoing traffic, (HTTP, POP3, SMTP, P2P, Real Audio, etc.) everytime the webcam is activated (light is on)- motion detection in progress.
    After a few seconds when motion detection stops everything is back alright.

This repeats continuously as long as the webcam is connected and the option 'Enable Security Mode? YesNo' is Yes

Anyone experience with this????
    i probably know what the problem is. The Philips PCVC680K (I own it personnally as well) is creating too much noise, the wl500g ALWAYS THINKS there is some movement, and start mailing you with pics or well.. you could call it mailbombing at that time. if you have a slow connection that could be the reason why you are unable to do things at the internet

i assume the internal network works perfectly at that time? also reaching the router config doesn't seem a problem according to your post..

Arrow

Exactly! The internal network works perfectly at that time.
    The router can also be reached perfectly.
    I'm not receiving mails with pictures from the webcam because there is no external traffic passing through.
    It is really strange the router stops passing traffic outbound when the webcam is monitoring.

Am I the only one with a router with this strange behavior?
    Is this also with other webcams.

Will this be solved in future firmware updates or is this only with the Philips webcam?

Where can I find a recent list with supported webcams?

Originally posted by GiGi
    Exactly! The internal network works perfectly at that time.
    The router can also be reached perfectly.
    I'm not receiving mails with pictures from the webcam because there is no external traffic passing through.
    It is really strange the router stops passing traffic outbound when the webcam is monitoring.

Am I the only one with a router with this strange behavior?
    Is this also with other webcams.

Will this be solved in future firmware updates or is this only with the Philips webcam?

Where can I find a recent list with supported webcams?
    the noisy is afaik only a 'problem' of the philips webcam, according to asus they've told me (a while ago already) that they are not going to solve this

are you sure there is no traffic passing through your MODEM ? i don't know how much upstream you have.. could be that it fails transmitting or something like that..

Motion Detected send email

My ISP have blocked port 25 for sending email. How can I change the port to send email when motion detected?

regards,
    kuen

I am quite sure that it isn't possible at all. If it was possible then there would be no point in closing that port, spammers would then just use a different port. Get another ISP or live with it :-(

BR,
    René

My ISP reply me they blocked the port 25 so that their clients can't send out spam mail.

can't you reach SMTP then ?

i guess you can send mail through your provider?

My little Asus Collection: Too much to fit inhere, my 2 babies:WL500w 1.9.2.7-10(OLEG) VX2SE Yellow Lamborghini notebook

WL500g Forum Asus Files OpenDir

Asusforum.NL -- Asusforum.DE -- Asusforum.RU -- Asusforum.PL -- Asusforum.NET -- Asusforum.EU -- Asusforum.BE -- Asusforum.ES -- Asusforum.INFO

You are right!! I've forget the ISP's mail server, because my ISP changed to use webmail long time ago.

13. When my camera detect something, I receive nothing but I can see this in the log file, is it because port 25 is bloked ?

Jul 14 17:14:42 sendalarm: can not find a Mail Exchanger

I tried to put the stmp ip or the name of the server like smtp.myprovider.com in the field but I still get the error message.

email detection alert

i have a logitech quickcam 4000 pro connected to my wl-500g. working fine, both from wan and.
    tried to enable email detection alert. i recieved a lots of emails, but there were no pictures shown, but only red crosses.
    i searched the forum and found this: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=...ight=detection
    but it didn't give me an answer what could be wroung.

I have firmware 1.9.2.7

streaming from wan is working fine, so its strange that there is no picture in mail. i have enabled the security settings in ms outlook express- didn't work.

somebody knows whats wrong?

Question Web Cam Security Mode Setting [Motion Detection email alert]

Hi,
    Is there anyone here used the Motion Detection email alert fine with WL500g?

For my case, I can view the streaming video or still image mode video fine.

further more, I would like to setup the email alert with attached image for my WL500g, but it seems the WL500g detected nothing. It can't sent any email alert out.

Could you help me a favour to solve my problem? thanks

configuration:
    Device: WL500g
    firmware: 1.9.2.7-4 [oleg]
    Usb Cam: Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam

attached is the syslog about the webcam. Thanks a lot for your help!
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Philips PCA645/646 + PCVC675/680/690 + PCVC730/740/750 webcam module version 8.12 loaded.
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Also supports the Askey VC010, various Logitech Quickcams, Samsung MPC-C10 and MPC-C30,
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc the Creative WebCam 5, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite VCS-UC300 and VCS-UM100.
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: usb.c: registered new driver Philips webcam
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam detected.
    Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Registered as /dev/video0.
    Jan 1 08:00:09 pppd[82]: Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
    Jan 1 08:00:09 kernel: pwc This Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 camera is equipped with a unknown type of sensor (-32).
    Jan 1 08:00:10 kernel: pwc Failed to set LED on/off time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast