Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a new power supply

maybe you just need to get a new capacitor.. there is a thread somewhere about this
    ASUS WL-500gP | 1.9.2.7-d-r1222 | lighttpd | vnstat | rtorrent | ftp | http://myschoo.php5.sk

does anyone know if the d-links power supply is a reliable replacement, does it last a long time or do you still have to change them after a while? also I stop by an electronic shop and the guy told me for a router you need a Switch mode power supply aka SMPS, he said a router needs a constant voltage so to be sure you need an SMPS power adapter, I was also wondering does the number of Watts matter?
    Last edited by jeange; 30-08-2010 at 18:43.

My 2cents: my WL-500gP started to become quite unstable just hanging or having spontaneous re-starts, specially when connecting the printer or an USB pendrive to the router. At a given moment the router became unresponsive. All this within a two month time.
    The output voltage given by the PSU was 5volts but when connecting it to the router the voltage dropped to 2volts. That showed the problem was most likely within the PSU. I opened the PSU with a Dremel tool to find out that one of the capacitors was swollen. I got a replacement from a old mother board I had around. Problem fixed!

WL-500G Premium's Lights don't turn on when Power is plugged in!

The title is pretty self explanatory but to elaborate, when i plug in my router (tried with two powersupplies [including the original]), none of the lights turn on. Does anyone have any idea why that is? I've been searching online forever but it doesn't seem like anyone has had this problem before.

Just a bit of background: this router use to be my regular that I used on a daily basis but I got a new one. Now because I want to use the USBs, I tried firing it up again and I was going to use both routers but it just wouldn't turn on.

Any help would be much appreciated

Suppose your original powersupply died and the other power supply doesn't meet the specifications or is dead as well.

Otherwise you need to inspect your router for any blown capacitors or the like.

Can you post info about the powersupplies you used?

Possible stupid question:
    Have you tried another power outlet?

Currently the power supply i am using is an AC-DC Adapter, that has
    INPUT:220-230V - 50Hz 0.2A
    OUTPUT: 12V - 1.0A

I have tried other power supplies

I also have a feeling, it's a problem within the Router but I can't be 100% sure.

The powersupply should deliver 5V and at least 2.5A.

You possibly damaged your router by using a 12V power supply.

You can read it on the sticker on the bottom of your router.

Is there any way I can open it up and fix it?

If I were to do this would I be looking out for?
    Last edited by Omega; 13-06-2017 at 22:00.

That's hard to say...

If you have the possibility try a good powersupply first. you might be lucky.

Otherwise you have to open the asus router. If you remove the rubber feet you probably find screws below them...

Look for any damages. The only components you might be able to replace are domed capacitors (if any)

Anyone here knows if the Asus WL-500W (about same as gP V2, but with 802.11n) would be shipped from the factory with only a 2 Amperes power supply? I bought a used one which came with a only 2A power supply, is it possible that it has been changed? A WL-500gP V2 which i bougt as new came with a 2.5A power supply.

Wouldn't 5V 2A be too little, as the bottom sticker says 5V 2.5-3A?

WL-500W power supply specifications

Anyone here knows if the Asus WL-500W would be shipped from the factory with only a 2 Amperes power supply? I bought a used WL-500W which came with a only 2A power supply, is it possible that it has been changed? A WL-500gP V2 which I bougt as new came with a 2.5A power supply.

Wouldn't 5V 2A be too little, as the bottom sticker says 5V 2.5-3A?

I can't answer you about 2A, but you can buy DLink DUB-H7 (or H4) USB-Hub, this come with power supply 5V 2,5A.

Replacing asus wl-500g power supply

Hello

I got a wl-500g premium from a friend wich shows steady leds only. So ive been looking for a other power supply and i finally managed to find one that seems to work ok but the power supply gets really hot. Im not sure if its safe to use. Here are the specs :

input : 100-240vac 50/60hz 0.2a
    output : +5v 1a

Is it ok to use it or should i search for a other one?

Thanks in advance!

Lan and Fan flash NOT a PSU problem

Hi,

Sorry for bothering you, bot all I can find is replacing PSU about this subject.

I got my wl-500gP v1 to a standard PSU problem: all lan and wan are lighten and wifi and power not, no recovery, no IP.

I got new PSU 5v/3A - worked like charm for a week. Then I get it back broken state. I took the current from molex - to check if it is PSU again and it was still broken.

I opened the device and found two bumped capacitors, which I immediately ordered. By the time I did not touch it - and miracle - after a week, just before I wanted to do soldering, it started working again.....but also for a 2 weeks this time.

I replaced capacitors, tried two more PSU and yet nothing works. I took off the wifi card. No Olegs nor other 3rd party soft.

When it is in broken state the voltage on the PSU socket goes down to ca. 2V. Looks like something is broken on the main board regarding the power supplying.

Any ideas ? Cheers for reading.

Whatlogin

Lan and Fan flash NOT a PSU problem

And my router after three days of vacations works again....anyway I had to buy some cheap crap router as replacement anyway.

Still hoping for some ideas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123