Thread: flashing box

flashing box

Hi,
    I have experienced some problems lately with my box. I have Olegs firmware. Sometimes it starts flashing its lights and the lan connection is lost. Today it started flashing until it finally settled on having all the lan lights and the wan light on. The power light and air light is off. I can't connect to the box. I have tried resetting the box on the little button in the back but it doesn't help.

Is there anything I can do?

If you didn't change anything in your configuration that caused this i would suggest to try another power supply.

If you remove USB devices, do you then see the power led?

It might also help to disconnect the power supply for 5 minutes and then try again..

Thanks for your answer avberk.

I do not think it is a configuation problem, as I haven't been doing any configs for months. Tried connecting the power supply from my hdd, but the box just blinked faintly for a while (no, I don't know anything about electrics :P)
    I have tried removing the printer and hdd, but there is no change.
    I also tried disconnecting the power a few times and left it for several minutes, but no change.

I find it odd that all the lan lights and the wan light are on, even though there is no cable connected to any port. Could it be a short circuit?

"lan lights and the wan light are on, even though there is no cable connected to any port" with usb hdd externally powered ?
    Sound like a faulty power adapter indeed (the Asus one not hdd one).
    For a while dont use any usb devices, see if happend again or just suddenly die, without any lights on.
    Summer hit .