Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware v1.7.5.6

Thanx a lot! I'll try it tonight...

Oleg - what's the maximum size of the cramfs part of the firmware?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Oleg
    Guys, updated firmware (with pptp fix only) is available at http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wg01070506_WL500g_en_pptp.zip
    consider it as experimental. The change itself was the removing comment sign (#) in the /init/rc.wan part related to pptp.
    Thank you so much Oleg. My router works with the new firmware, without me having to change anything! And my security is very good now, all ports are stealthed! YEAH!!

Guys, updated firmware (with pptp fix only) is available at http://wl500g.dyndns.org/wg01070506_WL500g_en_pptp.zip
    consider it as experimental. The change itself was the removing comment sign (#) in the /init/rc.wan part related to pptp.
    mirror at http://files.wl500g.info/asus/wl500g...0g_en_pptp.zip

Originally posted by RCR
    Oleg - what's the maximum size of the cramfs part of the firmware?

Thanks.
    There is no limitation on the size of cramfs, but there is a limitation of the total size of trx - 0x3a0000, otherwise pmon will not load it (it checks for this).

Wink Kernel

Hi, I made a "personalised " kernel using a little bit hacked Asus sources, but alas, "make zImage" doesn't work, I get vanilla uncompressed vmlinux kernel only. Is there a possibility to compress it manually? (I'm not too familiar with newer (2.4.x) linux kernel building). Will do the work something like gzip -9 vmlinux? I saw the Makefile, there's a mipsel-linux-objcopy tool. Help, I'm scared

Re: Kernel

please do not discuss any Custom building of the firmware in this forum, use instead the Custom Firmware Talk forum (hmmm why did they invent it?)
    Last edited by Antiloop; 28-03-2004 at 04:25.

Re: Re: Kernel

Originally posted by Antiloop
    please do not discuss any Custom building of the firmware in this forum, use instead the Custom Firmware Talk forum (hmmm why did they invent it?)
    sorry for that, I'm doing too many things at once :-)

bugreport

I've found 2 bugs in the FTP server with this firmware version:
    1) It's not possible to retrieve a directory listing after loggin the FTP server over the WAN port (internet).

After connecting the FTP client wants to enter 'Passive mode'. This fails because of a 'connection time-out'.

On the LAN side there is no problem with this.

2) When enabling the FTP server, the required directories 'ftp_pub' and 'ftp_priv' are not created. Also when a private user is created, the server does not create the user subdirectory. This still doesn't happen even when the directory 'ftp_pub' has allready been manually created.

This behaviour is not present in the older 1.6.5.3 - Customized firmware.
    Last edited by Styno; 03-04-2004 at 19:28.

Yes ! I have the same problem bugs that Styno pointed to ...

Maybe Dr.Oleg has some fix for us !

As for the first problem - the solution is pretty simple: execute this command from the web
    iptables -I INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
    as for directories - have no idea... Are you using FAT or NTFS formatted flash?

As for the first problem - the solution is pretty simple: execute this command from the web
    iptables -I INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
    Ok, I'll try this one. Are these settings lost during reboot and which url should I use for this? Because I've not seen a 'commandline' tool in the webinterface until now.
    as for directories - have no idea... Are you using FAT or NTFS formatted flash?
    I'm using FAT32 on a 160Gb Samsung HD.

The 1.6.5.3 (custom - Oleg) version mounts this HD readonly. In this version, the HD is read-write mounted, so the FTP server should not have problems creating the directories...

/edit
    Should I report these bugs and their solutions to Asus, or is this useless?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12