Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR4 [Oleg]

Firmware v1.9.2.7 CR4 [Oleg]

New long awaited firmware available for download: http://files.wl500g.info/asus/custom/oleg/1.9.2.7-4/
    Please note, that it still uses the same Wi-Fi driver as other 1.9.2.7 firmwares, so you could have some instability with it. It's also idea to visit this page if you've questions.

Anyway, here it goes:
    • First publically available firmware with LZMA compressed kernel
    • Fixed bug in the stupid-ftpd code, which prevented NTFS files to be downloaded
    • Fixed Telstra Bigpond support (including auto auth server selection)
    • Updated dropbear to 0.45, fixed several scp related problems
    • Included nfs server functionality (web integrated)
    • Several new busybox applets added, including support for mounting nfs shares
    • Fixed a bug, which is prevented to work client mode when SSID contains spaces
    • Added support for PPTP configuration when PPTP server is located in the different net: use default gateway field to specify gateway address and "Hearbeat server" field to specify PPTP server address
    • Removed debug output from the kernel PPTP/GRE modules and lowered loglevel for PPTP client
    • Added several new iptables targets, including REDIRECT
      WL-HDD should now mount ide disk automagically, as well as any other units with extenal rootfs
    • Added a support for /usr/local/sbin/post-mount script (it's launched once external drives are get mounted, consider moving dependent stuff from post-boot)
    • Added color support in the rcamd refresh mode (thanks to benlau for patch)
    • Added basic IPv6 support (tunneled and static IP address mode) (thanks to phedny for patch)
    • Update uClibc toolchain to enable RPC and IPv6 support
      Added support for installable packages (thanks to Rod Whitby for help)
    • Replaced both trx and addver binaries with modified openwrt trx (thanks to Kitsok for helping)
    • Basic Microsoft MN-700 support

P.S. Installable package feature still needs to be documented. The keyword is ipkg.
    Last edited by Antiloop; 22-04-2005 at 11:36.

Thanks Oleg! Great work as usual, lots of fixes and new stuff.

Would there be enough free space available with the current use of LZMA compression for exchanging stupid-ftp with vsftpd?

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    Thanks Oleg! Great work as usual, lots of fixes and new stuff.

Would there be enough free space available with the current use of LZMA compression for exchanging stupid-ftp with vsftpd?
    Well, actually this space is now used by nfs and ipv6 stuff. Anyway, we still have free space and vsftpd could fit to it. The only problem is that vsftpd requires slightly different users concept, which does not applies very well with current stupid-ftpd...

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    The only problem is that vsftpd requires slightly different users concept, which does not applies very well with current stupid-ftpd...
    This could be overcome by replacing the FTP config page in the webinterface with a new one specifically for vsftpd, right? How much efford would that take?

Quote Originally Posted by Styno
    This could be overcome by replacing the FTP config page in the webinterface with a new one specifically for vsftpd, right? How much efford would that take?
    I have no idea, as I have not checked this carefully yet.

Does this mean we can use any openwrt package on the wl-hdd? This is the greatest news of the day then!

Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Does this mean we can use any openwrt package on the wl-hdd? This is the greatest news of the day then!
    No, as they use different fs layout. I've compiled several packages from the nslu2-linux.org site, they've them in the unslung firmware.

So basicaly we still have a binary/lib difference between the packages, and we still have to compile them? or can we run the binary directly if set up on correct folders?

So basicaly we still have a binary/lib difference between the packages, and we still have to compile them? or can we run the binary directly if set up on correct folders?
    You could run openwrt binaries as well. For this to work you need to make chroot environment, i.e. mount openwrt rootfs and chroot to it. That's all. You should be able to use most of the openwrt packages after that.

maybe a small bug?

Code:
    [admin@wl-hdd bin]$ ipkg.sh update
    mkdir: Cannot create directory `/opt/lib/': Read-only file system

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
    You could run openwrt binaries as well. For this to work you need to make chroot environment, i.e. mount openwrt rootfs and chroot to it. That's all. You should be able to use most of the openwrt packages after that.
    I never though about it, even if I'm doing this with debian for month now. I'm going to trash me for a few minute out of shame

maybe a small bug?

Code:
    [admin@wl-hdd bin]$ ipkg.sh update
    mkdir: Cannot create directory `/opt/lib/': Read-only file system
    No, this is not a bug, you will need to mount /opt first. BTW, small example for FAT16/32 users is follows:
    Code:
    # create 64M file on the harddisk
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/harddisk/opt.ext3 bs=1048576 count=64
    # make an ext3 fs on it (answer yes when asked)
    mke2fs -j /tmp/harddisk/opt.ext3 
    # mount it
    mount -text3 -oloop,noatime /tmp/harddisk/opt.ext3 /opt
    You now have 64M /opt for packages. Add this line to post-mount to mount it on startup

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    mount -text3 -oloop,noatime /tmp/harddisk/opt.ext3 /opt
    installing packages (install real ipkg first):

Code:
    ipkg.sh update
    ipkg.sh install ipkg
    Once done:
    Code:
    echo "src unslung http://wl500g.dyndns.org/unslung" >> /opt/etc/ipkg.conf
    ipkg update
    ipkg list

Must I use a loop filesystem, or can I directly use my HD ext3 partition? Any performance issue?

Must I use a loop filesystem, or can I directly use my HD ext3 partition? Any performance issue?
    The above sample is for ones, which are willing to use FAT filesystem. Mounting separate partition is much better than a loop. BTW, if you use rootfs, then mount is optional, as /opt is writable.

Work like a charm on my Wl-hdd. Thanks for all this Oleg.

BTW, if I use your sample post-firewall script, but then disable firewall in web page, then the wl will lock on reading the post-firewall script. I guess I have to think about removing it first, but it might stuck a begginer.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast